Celiac Disease FAQ | This site uses cookies GDPR notice. Read more... ×
BlackShoesBlackSocks

Rite Aid Generics (Sudafed)?

Rate this topic

So l have some generic psuedoephedrine from Rite Aid without a lot number and no box. l called the pharmacy and asked about the gluten-free status and just got a phone number.

It seems many companies make their generic products so without a lot number getting some info  wasnt a direct process, l shrugged it off and assumed it was probably gluten-free.

No ingredients online but the Rite Aid PE lists pregelatinzed starch.

For a few days im getting an increasing headache behind the eye and some dizziness and fatigue. l do have sinus problems and the sudafed can help, so l would like to take one!

But really hate to think l am causing this if the starch or other ingredient may be contributing, Anyone know the status of their allergy and sinus meds in general or about the sudafed? l just wanted to save a few bucks but will definitely now just buy brand name!

30 minutes ago, BlackShoesBlackSocks said:

So l have some generic psuedoephedrine from Rite Aid without a lot number and no box. l called the pharmacy and asked about the gluten-free status and just got a phone number.

It seems many companies make their generic products so without a lot number getting some info  wasnt a direct process, l shrugged it off and assumed it was probably gluten-free.

No ingredients online but the Rite Aid PE lists pregelatinzed starch.

For a few days im getting an increasing headache behind the eye and some dizziness and fatigue. l do have sinus problems and the sudafed can help, so l would like to take one!

But really hate to think l am causing this if the starch or other ingredient may be contributing, Anyone know the status of their allergy and sinus meds in general or about the sudafed? l just wanted to save a few bucks but will definitely now just buy brand name!

It has never hurt me but I don't seem to get any symptoms when I'm glutened  these days- 

• Like 1

Thanks. l may be  over thinking starch, most sources say it's usually made from corn or potato.

*mostly*

But l (TMI?) did get my period early after posting this so maybe the headaches and general hating life was due to that:P l hate suspecting gluten for everything.

Does anyone know how often pregelatinzed starch really is made from wheat? On most food they would list it but with  otc drugs l dont think so.