This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Is Juice Plus Safe for Celiacs

Chaber

Chaber Newbie

Hello Everyone, 

I was urged to try Juice Plus. I've heard really good things about the products and was told they were safe for Celiacs. However, I'm extremely weary to receive information from sales reps. Does anyone know if Juice+ is indeed safe for Celiacs? 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master

Hummm....I have some ocean front real estate in Arizona that I could sell you.  

Seriously, this is a multi-level marketing company like the following companies:

Open Original Shared Link

Save your money.  Want to safely eat fruit and veggies?  Go buy them in the produce section of your market or farmer’s market.   Juice Plus is a processed food.  Best to avoid most processed foods, especially when you are really trying to heal.  

If you do need to supplement, just take a multivitamin that is gluten free.  Much cheaper!  

But who I am to say?  I am just a lady on the internet.  

Posterboy Mentor
3 hours ago, Chaber said:

Hello Everyone, 

I was urged to try Juice Plus. I've heard really good things about the products and was told they were safe for Celiacs. However, I'm extremely weary to receive information from sales reps. Does anyone know if Juice+ is indeed safe for Celiacs? 

2 hours ago, cyclinglady said:

Hummm....I have some ocean front real estate in Arizona that I could sell you.  

Seriously, this is a multi-level marketing company like the following companies:

Save your money.  Want to safely eat fruit and veggies?  Go buy them in the produce section of your market or farmer’s market.   Juice Plus is a processed food.  Best to avoid most processed foods, especially when you are really trying to heal.  

If you do need to supplement, just take a multivitamin that is gluten free.  Much cheaper!  

But who I am to say?  I am just a lady on the internet.  

Chaber,

I agree with cyclinglady.

Many years ago now I took Juiceplus 10+ years ago at the urging of my doctor no less.

Visit there website it is all MLS.  The(ir) ingredients they claim are whole food (natural) but they never list their ingredients anywhere on their website.
I was diagnosed as a celiac despite taking Juice+ for probably a year before my celiac diagnosis.

My health didn't get better until I stopped the Juice+ and went gluten free.  And finally started targeted nutrition with a B-complex and Magnesium Citrate (mostly) only later did I find out I was low in Vitamin D during this time as well.

I believe you will find there is hidden gluten in these capsules/supplements.  Or why wouldn't they disclose it on their ingredient list.

Just eat whole foods as cyclinglady noted and I think you will do much better.

I have a friend who only eats food in its whole form to manage his diabetes and I must admit he does a better job managing his blood sugar than me on the standard american diet (SAD) even a gluten free version of it.  Not that I am doing bad.  I stay away from doctor's but still he doe's better than me with it (diabetes).  Unless he goes off his whole food diet for a while.

While taken JuicePlus my health only declined.

For what it is worth. . .. decide for yourself as always but it didn't help me 10+ years ago and I wouldn't try them again now unless they disclosed their ingredients in a very plain and obvious way . . . . not in some circular logic way of taking me to some study about beets instead of JuicePlus supplements which has beets in them etc.

No INGREDIENT list is a NO GO! for me!

Besides if I want beets I can just eat beets and not have to take a supplement like JuicePlus to get beets in my diet.

I hope this is helpful.  OH and like cyclinglady said I am just a guy on the internet but one who has tried juiceplus and found they didn't do anything for me but Juice+ my doctor's bill.

Posterboy,

cyclinglady Grand Master

Chaber, 

If you have celiac disease, you should receive follow-up care.  Your doctor can tell if you are deficient in anything.  Things like bone scans or a thyroid check should be done, if needed.   Here is a checklist for recommended follow up care:

I was severely anemic when I was diagnosed.  I did take iron supplements until my anemia resolved in just a few months.  My iron has never been low since then.  

Archived