This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Could I Have?

kenyan

kenyan Rookie

Hi.

I am finding all this information extremely helpful. Here is my story so far....

I have been "struggling" with an illness (??) for as long as I can remember. I am now 35, married with beautiful 2 year old twins. For more than 20 years I have seeing various Doctor with the following symptoms:

Cronic tiredness

Night terrors

loose bowel movements after most meals (although I have only just tomld my current Doctor this due to be not thinking it was relevant (IDIOT!!)

It is also interesting to note that I matured later than most of my peers (I was about 18 when I had my main growing spurt).

I have owned and operated my own business for the past 6 years and more often than not I have been struggling with motivation, tiredness, lack of energy, concentration, anxiety. I often, due to the tiredness feel like I am wasting away my life. This has an enormous effect on me both from a business point of view and a personal satisfaction point of view. My confidence is at an all time low.

Some of the attempted solutions offered by Doctors have been:

ADHD and prescribed ritilin10

Depression and prescribed Zoloft

Haemochromotosis (did not have the gene!)

Neither of these had any positive effect on me at all. Two days ago, my wife heard an interview on the radio about the effects and symptoms of Celiac desease and suggested that I do some research. EVERY THING I have read makes perfect sense to me.

My Doctor, who I have been seeing for over 2 years order me a blood test today, which I did. I am expecting to have these results early next week.

I would like to know if any of my symptoms ring true with any one else?

In a bizarre sort of way I am hoping that the blood test and biopsy are both positive so I can get on with actually working out a way to feel better. If this happens, what can expect to occur and in what time frame?

Any other stories/ experiences would be happily read.

thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

I don't know if you have celiac disease or not, but I was almost identical in symptoms (pre-diagnosis)

Carriefaith Enthusiast

Your symptoms are typical of celiac disease. Make sure that you continue eating gluten for all of your testing or else you could get false negative results. Here are the names of the blood tests that you can have done:

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA

Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG

Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA

Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

Total Serum IgA

Keep us posted on your results :)

kenyan Rookie

many thanks.

I will definately keep you posted. How much better do you feel now compared with pre gluton free stage of your life?

Cheers

Archived