• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

tammy

gluten-free Personal Lubricants?

Rate this topic

Has anyone found a gluten-free personal lubricant? It would be especially helpful if they were also sterile and safe to use on latex condoms. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Tammy:

I don't believe, in my memory that this has ever been asked. But, I guess that it stands to reason that it should.

I may be wrong, but I feel that it should not be a problem unless you (how do I say this?? :blink: ) put any it in your mouth. I am WAY over this issue, but I would be concerned, as the latex should be powdered free and I would not know what is in the lubricant.

I don't feel that this is any issue to be concerned.

Hope this will answer you question...I'm blushing :unsure:

Some people have allergic reaction in addition to the Celiac ones. If I use lotion or make-up that has gluten I will get a rash or break out and other people are similar.

I haven't seen ingredients in regular lube that would make me question the gluten-free status. (I check ingredients because I'm sensitive to nonoxyl-9 (the spermicide - and a notorious irritant) and try to stay away from propylene glycol. So I scour ingredient lists - propylene glycol is very common in lubes, but should be gluten-free.) You'd want to call the company on any "natural flavors" in the flavored ones, though they are likely to be gluten-free as well.

The lubricant on lubricated condoms often has n-9 (check on that), but other than that, I've never seen any ingredient that would make me question the gluten-free status on unflavored lubed condoms, but I'd verify on the flavored ones.

(And yes, for those wondering, they make the flavored ones for a reason. ;-) )

There are a number of online places you can check (if you're over 18) for ingredient listings for various lubricants, but when in doubt, absolutely nothing beats sampling a number of varieties. Everyone will have a personal favorite, and it's worth it to figure out what you prefer. (I like gels over thinner stuff... Some people swear by one brand, others hate it. It's all personal preference.) Don't worry about being too embarassed to call the company on an ingredient question, as I can virtually guarantee they've all heard worse!

I dont know if anyone has asked this, but I am def. a little embarrased to ask this, but does seman contain Gluten? My boyfriend and I were talking about this the other day because he is concerned for me. I just want to make sure that I stay Gluten Free. I am Def. pretty embarassed, I am glad that I get to write this down instead of saying it to someone :rolleyes:

Hope you guys/galls can help B)

Amanda NY

Sorry about that, but thanks :)

Nothin' to be sorry about!! Based on the title of that thread, there would be no way to know that that is the direction the thread turned into!!!! LOL!

Hugs.

Karen

Tammy:

I don't believe, in my memory that this has ever been asked. But, I guess that it stands to reason that it should.

I may be wrong, but I feel that it should not be a problem unless you (how do I say this?? :blink: ) put any it in your mouth. I am WAY over this issue, but I would be concerned, as the latex should be powdered free and I would not know what is in the lubricant.

I don't feel that this is any issue to be concerned.

Hope this will answer you question...I'm blushing :unsure:

Tammy, I think that my answer to you was inappropriate. I am sorry. You asked a serious question, and I in my 50's should have listened to a response. It would be helpful to me as well. This is another avenue of my life that I that I need to explore. Sometimes it's hard to multi-task issues. I do hope that you found some solutions to your questions.

regretably, lisa B

thanks Karen:

Will send you a PM soon. Wedding plans..............I"m trying to maintain control of ME.

Are you still up all night? Will try to write tomorrow.

You are a wonderful good buddy. Glad to have you by my side.

Yep, darn intestines are like Grand Central Station through the night.......

Hope the wedding plans are going smoothly. Hope to hear from you soon!

Hugs.

Karen