• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

pattic

Tabasco® And Mcilhenny Farms® Products

Rate this topic

Hi everyone! y'all are so helpful to me, so I'm passing on an email response I got. I inquired about their bloody mary mix. (I sound like an ancoholic! I just asked if anyone knew about baily's, now I have info on bloody mary mix!!! LOL) Anyway, thought someone might benefit from this:

Thank you for your interest in our TABASCO® and McIlhenny Farms® products. All of our products that contain vinegar as an ingredient, use high quality distilled vinegar. Distilled vinegar is produced by fermenting a grain based alcohol. The principal grains used to produce the alcohol are wheat and milo. Gluten and other proteins are completely removed during the alcohol fermentation and distillation process.

According to the definitions set forth by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, a joint standards program of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United States (FAO), the following TABASCO® Brand products are considered “Gluten Free”:

TABASCO® Brand Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Habanero Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Garlic Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Green Pepper Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Garlic Basting Sauce

TABASCO® Brand New Orleans Style Sauce

TABASCO® Brand Caribbean Style Steak Sauce

These products were analyzed for Gluten by the Food Allergy Research and Resource Program (FARRP) at the University of Nebraska –Lincoln. FARRP was not able to find any detectable amounts of gluten in these products. If the McIlhenny Company can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to ask

.......you're welcome!

~Patti in NJ~

I don't if it's 'new' as in updated (changes), but I did just get the info emailed to me today if that helps any. I'm new to the board and may be telling some people what they already know, but as I get info I'll post it for anyone who might find it useful.

:)

great pic w/ dog! I'm an animal lover too!

btw-how do I get my siggy to not show {color/font}?????? LOL