Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tanyad

Traveling To France & Germany

I found this link, which I think is really helpful--its just like our lists of foods we can eat and cannot eat, except its in french, so if you see the forbidden things (in the right column) on menus or product labels, then you'll know to steer clear of them.

http://www.maladiecoeliaque.com/rsgregime3.htm

I'm going to Paris next month, so if anyone sees any good info that's not already listed on the boards, please let me know.

I don't mean to butt into a conversation, but I just wanted to clarify...

What makes bratwurst potentially unsafe to eat in a restaurant is the spices in it? So the actual inside is completely meat and no gluten filler?

I too am going to be backpacking through berlin for a couple of days and am a celiac with very limited german skills (introductory german from about 8 years ago).

So far I've read that currywurst should be okay, and now have your recommendation of German chocolate. I REALY want to try traditional german foods while in Germany... But I don't want to be ill, especially while traveling...

Any suggestions on 'traditional' dishes (other than currywurst, pork knuckle, chocolate)...

Thank you!!!! (Danke)

Twinkle, please be aware that anything you've read in this thread is now 6 years old. You might want to start a new thread.

richard