Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gointribal

The Casein Topic

If I think I have a problem with casein what tests should i ask my dr to do? Also should I go see a GI dr to get these tests done? My drs have not been too helpful and my insurance runs out in about three months :(

I'm not aware of doctors testing for casein intolerance. You can test through Enterolab or York or Great Smokies I believe. I could be wrong but thus far I havent heard of any doctor testing for it. They will test for lactose intolerance though.

We don't have any tests for casein intolerance in Canada (that I know of) and I can't afford those labs such as York. So you can strictly eliminate all dairy from your diet and then after a few weeks try to reintroduce it. For example, most hard cheeses don't have any lactose, so if you eat some hard cheese and react it is likely to the casein.

We don't have any tests for casein intolerance in Canada (that I know of) and I can't afford those labs such as York. So you can strictly eliminate all dairy from your diet and then after a few weeks try to reintroduce it. For example, most hard cheeses don't have any lactose, so if you eat some hard cheese and react it is likely to the casein.

I've been thinking its a lactose problem but my blood test were negative. I've done the lactose free milk and I got sick, so then I thought it was just a milk allergy. So whats the difference between a milk allergy and a casein intolerance? I am so lost!?!?

Most cheeses are gluten-free. But in Canada we have one large manufacturer that won't guarantee any of their dairy products gluten-free. Most swiss cheeses and some gouda's are lactose free. A milk allergy, like any true allergy will cause an anaphalaxis reaction, such as hives, breathing diffuculties and so on. A casein intolerance like other intolerances may cause digestive problems, such as diarrhea, constipation, nausea, etc. I had midterms so I haven't been on here for awhile, sorry for the delayed response.

If you want to order testing and are willing to pay some, great plains labs did my casein/intol testing. My insurance, anthem, paid for part of it also.