Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

1 1
Barrysdman

Cane Sugar & Heart Palpitations

Rate this topic

I'm not sure there is not a direct link to cane sugar. I can eat refined sugar with no problems. The moment I try the more and more popular cane sugar, it's the same reaction. I am allergic to Alcohol so there may be some base element that is being overlooked. Like what can cause the fermentation process.  So there any scientific points ask about that could cause those feelings in the body. I don't drink because I throw up and if it is on my skin it burns like paint stripper. Cane Sugar makes me feel instantly sickly like trying to super fructose they give to diabetics when they are low.

Thanks for your time.

Harry

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Can I assume that you also have celiac disease, since you’re posting in a celiac forum? If so, many celiacs suffer from SIBO, which is small intestine bacterial overgrowth. There are diets, usually low carb/paleo, and grain and sugar-free that help re-balance your gut flora.

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Join eNewsletter

On 5/30/2020 at 9:54 PM, Barrysdman said:

I'm not sure there is not a direct link to cane sugar. I can eat refined sugar with no problems. The moment I try the more and more popular cane sugar, it's the same reaction. I am allergic to Alcohol so there may be some base element that is being overlooked. Like what can cause the fermentation process.  So there any scientific points ask about that could cause those feelings in the body. I don't drink because I throw up and if it is on my skin it burns like paint stripper. Cane Sugar makes me feel instantly sickly like trying to super fructose they give to diabetics when they are low.

Thanks for your time.

Harry

Harry,

Here are some links that might help you answer your Sugar Cane question...

https://www.livestrong.com/article/489661-cane-sugar-vs-fructose/

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/sucrose-glucose-fructose#what-are-they?

As for your heart palpitations you should look into some thiamine....Benfotiamine is a commonly available Fat Soluble B-1 that can help you....

A Thiamine deficiency is/can be a common cause of  Heart failure....see this hormones matter article about how Thiamine can effect heart rate and breathing...

http://www.hormonesmatter.com/thiamine-deficiency-causes-problems/

And here is a study on Thiamine deficiency in Heart Failure...entitled "Thiamine Supplementation for the Treatment of Heart Failure: A Review of the Literature"

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/chf.12037

Where thy conclude quoting

"Patients with HF, especially those in advanced stages, may benefit from regular thiamine supplementation. Because of the low risk of toxicity of thiamine supplementation and its widespread deficiency, this seems to be a reasonable approach. Patients with refractory HF or those with additional risk factors should be screened for thiamine deficiency"......

I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advise.

Posterboy,

Join eNewsletter