This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celebrate!

TCA

TCA Contributor

I just had to post and say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! Thanks to all of you, my kids are now gaining weight. We went to the ped. GI today. My son had gained a pound since Dec., the first he's gained in over 9 mos!!!! What's more amazing is that my daughter gained 4 oz. in one week!!!!! This may not sound like much, but with her heart condition and celiac, she just crossed the 13 lb. mark and she's 10 mos. She had gained less than 4 oz. in the last 2.5 mos. What did it? I read on here how lotions, soaps, etc. could contain gluten. Last weekend I had a massive cleaning out and bam, she started gaining. Of course, the doctor had no idea that these things could make a difference, but I explained it all to him and he's sold. Maybe you helped other kids too! I'm so excited! We've worked and worried so much, now she's doing better. Praise the Good Lord for all of you!

XOXOXOXO

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest nini

That is SOOOOO awesome! I remember what it felt like when my daughter finally started to put on weight!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!! I'm doing the happy dance for you!

elfkin Contributor

Wonderful!!!!!

My son had a big weight gain too!!! I was so excited! We had to take him in for a virus last week with a temp. of over 103*. When we got home I was calling the family to let them know how he was doing. It was sort of funny, because I was like, "He has a virus, he'll be fine soon." (In a rushed and hurried way) and then, "Guess what? He gained 2 pounds!!!!!!" I was way more excited about the weight gain than anything else! A virus will pass, but weight gain of two whole pounds! Now, that is worth celebrating! He hadn't been weighed in several months at the office, so I couldn't tell very much except that he looked better to me!

I am so glad that both of yours had such an amazing difference! WoooHooo! I am celebrating for you! :lol :D:P:lol:

Guest Robbin
:):P I am so excited for you all!! I know how great it is to actually see your kids THRIVING!! God Bless!!
jerseyangel Proficient

So very happy to hear your kids are doing well :)

KayJay Enthusiast

That is so great! I hope they continue to do so! :D

Dietcokehead Rookie

Awesome!!! It was so exciting for us when our little boy started to GROW!! It was like a miracle, we kept marking his progress on teh back of a closet door to keep track. He gained weight too and every pound made me so happy. I made sure to keep taking pics to document, so I wouldnt ever forget how sick he was and how much the gluten-free diet changed his life.

Congrats on the pounds!! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

chasesparents Rookie

Congrats to you, :D it brings back memories of my joy when my son gained weight too !!!! Only people in this message board could really appreciate and understand your excitement. That's what makes this place so great and supportive !!!!

prinsessa Contributor

That is great news! I hope my son will start gaining weight once we start on the diet.

Archived