Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndrewNYC

Nyc Dentist And Orthodontist

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest Robbin

Hi Andrew, I don't live in the city, but hubby worked there 4 years and we lived in NJ. I would start by checking out your ins. if you have any dental/ortho, and if you have to be "in a certain network". If you get a list of network drs. then call those that are closest to you and question them about their knowledge. I hope this helps. If you don't have a network plan, then check out the drs. some of your friends use and then talk to them about celiac and decide from there. Remember you are paying them for services. You are their boss! :) Good Luck!

I just noticed that I seem to be having dental enamel loss - my teeth have become translucent. I too am now looking for a dentist that would know how to treat dental enamel hypoplasia secondary to celiac disease, in the New York City area. The Columbia Celiac Disease Center recommended someone in Connecticut - too far for me! If you have any names, please let me know!

In the meantime, any suggestions on what to do about the enamel loss would be very appreciated!

Bloodwork by Quest, negative (no numbers provided)

Biopsy: "inconclusive" or preceliac - no villous atrophy but Marsh level I lesions of intraepithelial lymphocytosis

Enterolab results: gluten sensitivity & casein intolerance; two gluten sensitivity genes, both HLA-DQ1, type 6

Subclinical Autoimmune Hypothyroidism

Vitamin D & A deficiencies

Secondary Hyperparathyroidism

Reactive Hypoglycemia, diagnosed by OGTT

Acid Reflux, diagnosed by barium meal w F/U

Osteoporosis

Lifelong lacto-vegetarian (no eggs)

Gluten, dairy & soy-free, 4/21/06