Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Minor symptoms?

Rate this topic

Dear all

The past 2-3 months since quitting wheat, I have noticed a decrease in major and minor symptoms of Celiac disease (I have not tested). 

Today I noticed something: Usually when I am riding my mountain bike, my eyes fill with water until my sight gets blurry, tears running endlessly, and they stay like that until I am back home. Today they were completely fine, only minimal water running from them. Anyone experienced this?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

On 2/27/2021 at 10:46 AM, penguin11 said:

Dear all

The past 2-3 months since quitting wheat, I have noticed a decrease in major and minor symptoms of Celiac disease (I have not tested). 

Today I noticed something: Usually when I am riding my mountain bike, my eyes fill with water until my sight gets blurry, tears running endlessly, and they stay like that until I am back home. Today they were completely fine, only minimal water running from them. Anyone experienced this?

I've been 100% gluten free almost a year now. In my first 4 mos of navigating my foods and medications I also learned that I was eating Soy Byproducts ...I'm super sensitive to trace amounts of gluten. Also, cheeses, like whey and dairy products can be intolerable for Celiacs. 

Welcome to the forum both of you! 

So there is a dry eye condition that I recall some celiacs having issues with...perhaps you were in that category? If it was related, then going gluten-free would be the best way to find out. It sounds like the diet may have helped.

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com