• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Since I have self diagnosed myself I was wondering if my 3 most painful or persistant symptoms were

common? I am scheduled for my second upper endoscopy this friday with a biopsy this time but I am not sure if I should go thru with it sorry back to main topic.

1. pain below my right rib cage mild to excruciating occurring 50% of the time or more when I am eating gluten.

2. persistant mild burning sensation in lower abdomen (behind belly button) for the first 1/2 hour to 45 minutes in the morning

3. extreme pain (bloated pain like I am going to explode) below the belly button as material passes through the large intestine(thats just my guess I dont have x-ray glasses)

I have plenty more symptoms but these are the top 3, and 4,5 arent much better

Thanks for the input.

Joe

yes, I have these same symptoms, but have not noticed when they occur in relation to eating. I was just diagnosed a week ago (through biopsy then blood tests - 2 different drs), and I had never heard of this before so didn't know what to pay attention to. I have been gluten-free (or at least I think) for 5 days now but still have all those pains. I'm hoping they go away once I heal!

I had the same symptoms last year and they said it was my gallbladder, they checked it out and it was full of stones so they removed it, I was fine for about 6 months, then all the stuff came back. I have been gluten free for 3 days now, so I really don't know if that's going to fix it....

anyway, you might have them check out your gallbladder just in case.

I still had all those same symptoms AFTER my gallbladder came out more than ten years ago. And yes, those are typical symptoms for celiac disease (or can be, anyway).