• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

sandeehier

Baker Wanted

Rate this topic

Does anyone know anyone who knows how to bake professionally? I'm starting a gluten-free bakery in Los Angeles, but while I have some experience baking for family and friends, I am not a pastry chef. More of a marketing & sales person, actually.

Perhaps a baker who had to give it all up when diagnosed with celiac disease, or something else?

The bakery will be totally wheat free / gluten free / dairy free but I want to also include options for egg free, soy free, corn free, etc. Peanut free, yes, but I do use a lot of tree nuts and nut flours.

Oh, and we're doing wholesale only, at least in the beginning.

Let me know on this thread or at

shier@yha.org

Regards and many thanks in advance,

Sandee

:( wish i lived down there unfortunaly im in oregon, i do know how to bake lots of diffrent breads ( acually the only thing i know how to make is bread realated things) and im on this board so obviusly i have a gluten problem. Wish i lived down there i would love to work for you. Oh well i am acually thinking about opening my own baker down here after i get going to college and get a business dagree. this part of oregon has nothing when it comes to eating gluten free

... i am acually thinking about opening my own baker down here after i get going to college and get a business dagree.

You should do it, Lister! You have no idea how fun it is to throw huge batches of dough together, and then later how satisfying it is to hear people moan while eating it. [Not that I'm such a good baker, but gluten-free people get fresh-baked things so rarely that anything fresh, and honestly put together from real ingredients, gets that reaction.]

But maybe come down here instead... you're good at bread; I find gluten-free cakes and cookies and pie crusts way easier than bread -- I could use a good breadmaker. java script:emoticon('B)',%20'smid_15') See that guy? That's you, in your shades, in sunny So. Cal. AFTER you go to college, though.

See you then!

java script:emoticon(':rolleyes:',%20'smid_12')

Sandee

P.S. How do I get these smiley guys to work?