• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

My daughter is 26 months old and we suspect that she has Celiac Disease, though her pediatrician does not agree. I wanted to do the Enterolab testing on her, but I can't find any information regarding age limitations. Does anyone know how old you need to be to have an accurate test result from them? I REALLY don't want to call the company to ask if I don't have to. Thanks in advance for any help.

Guest jhmom

I wouldn't see any reason for there to be an age limit. You should call or email them to make sure!

My daughter is 26 months old and we suspect that she has Celiac Disease, though her pediatrician does not agree. I wanted to do the Enterolab testing on her, but I can't find any information regarding age limitations. Does anyone know how old you need to be to have an accurate test result from them? I REALLY don't want to call the company to ask if I don't have to. Thanks in advance for any help.

They talk about collecting poop from diapers so probably pretty young!

The person who answers the phone and emails (Phyllis) is very nice. My youngest is 6 months old and he is too little. If they are eating solids which a 26 month old would be doing then they would have enough stool to be tested. My older son is 3 1/2 and not potty trained yet. They told me I could collect from the diaper. They need 1/2 cup. :blink: If that is not collected from one diaper then the stool is to be frozen and added to. I just ordered tests for my family which is why I know this.

Again, they are very nice and are there to answer any questions you may have. :P

Good luck. :D