• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I use the ammonium alum crystal (no aluminum). It's gender non-specific. It is *only* a deoderant and won't stop any sweating, but forms a layer on the skin (that you can't feel at all) that prevents the growth of the bacteria that causes body odor, so you won't smell bad. If you're a profuse sweater, it might not be for you, but I would sweat even with anti-perspirants, and do so less with this stuff, so I'm happy. :-)

I'm not a male, but I've tried all of the natural deodorants and none of them worked for me at all. Everyone else on Earth seems to have great luck with the Crystal but it doesn't work for me (but everyone else I know really really likes it).

If you're interested in another aluminum-free option you might want to try Adidas. They make versions for men and women. Someone else here recommended it to me and it works pretty well so far.

Jason makes a Tea Tree Oil deoderant that I use-it has a fresh smell not specifically fragrant or sweet.

I use Jason Tea Tree Oil deoderant on the weekends. But, during the week I need an anti-perspirant otherwise everyone around me would be dead. LOL

I use the ammonium alum crystal (no aluminum). It's gender non-specific. It is *only* a deoderant and won't stop any sweating, but forms a layer on the skin (that you can't feel at all) that prevents the growth of the bacteria that causes body odor, so you won't smell bad. If you're a profuse sweater, it might not be for you, but I would sweat even with anti-perspirants, and do so less with this stuff, so I'm happy. :-)

is there a particular brand that makes this or is it just a general type of deodorant that a number of companies carry? I looked real fast when I was out shopping last night but didn't see anything resembling "ammonium alum crystal" at the store...

is there a particular brand that makes this or is it just a general type of deodorant that a number of companies carry? I looked real fast when I was out shopping last night but didn't see anything resembling "ammonium alum crystal" at the store...

there are two or three companies that make this one. I used to have the one in the transluscent purple screw up container, now the one I have is in clear packaging and has blue writing on it. here in the puget sound region, and in southern california, I had been seeing them in a number of stores - mainstream grocery and drug stores as well as health food-type stores, but when I've been on travel, I've noted that isn't the case in other places. basically, it looks like a hard crystal rock. you wet it a bit before using it.