• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

glutenfreeheather

Need Help From East Tennesseans

Rate this topic

If you live in Knoxville, Seymour, Sevierville, or the Smokies (or are familiar with this area)...I need your help!!

My husband and I will be traveling to the Knoxville/Smokies area this August for a second honeymoon. Because of my dietary limitations/restrictions, we are trying to plan ahead but unfortunately aren't finding the information we were hoping for.

If you can provide me with some information/recommendations on gluten-free dining/grocery shopping in the Knoxville - Gatlinburg area or direct me to further resources please post a response! I am especially interested in gluten-free options in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area.

Any and all help that you might be able to provide me with to help me have a safe, healthy, & happy second honeymoon is deeply appreciated!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...GO VOLS!! :D

we were just in Knoxville & Pigeon Forge area and had great success. Eating out is always risky...however, we did go to Outback, Nascar Cafe, TGI Fridays & Hard Rock Cafe with great success. Hubby never got sick once & we left one of our dining out cards at every restaurant so they would have it on hand for the future.

The managers were very accomodating, especialy at Hard Rock & TGI Fridays. We made sure at every stop to speak to the manager & told them exactly what hubby could & could not eat. They would even bring out their supply book so I could see the ingreadints. (sorry can't spell). The only place we didn't have any luck (but never tried) was at the track in Bristol. Even the hotel we stayed at, Knoxville Marriot, was great at the restaurant. The chef came out to talk to us and told us everything on the menu he could eat. Can't say the same for the room service - they won't let you do substitutions but he could have the salad.

Good luck & have a good trip

There are no Whole Foods in Tennessee.

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/index.html

While I have been to Knoxville a few times I have not tired eating out. Downtown can be pretty slow on weekends, at least when I have been there. Enjoy your time there.

If you live in Knoxville, Seymour, Sevierville, or the Smokies (or are familiar with this area)...I need your help!!

My husband and I will be traveling to the Knoxville/Smokies area this August for a second honeymoon. Because of my dietary limitations/restrictions, we are trying to plan ahead but unfortunately aren't finding the information we were hoping for.

If you can provide me with some information/recommendations on gluten-free dining/grocery shopping in the Knoxville - Gatlinburg area or direct me to further resources please post a response! I am especially interested in gluten-free options in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area.

Any and all help that you might be able to provide me with to help me have a safe, healthy, & happy second honeymoon is deeply appreciated!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...GO VOLS!! :D

P.F. Changs has an entire gluten-free menu, as does Outback Steakhouse and Bonefish grill. I'd stick with those!

There are no Whole Foods in Tennessee.

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/index.html

While I have been to Knoxville a few times I have not tired eating out. Downtown can be pretty slow on weekends, at least when I have been there. Enjoy your time there.

We're getting one though in a few years in Nashville near the Wild Oats on Franklin Road.

Sorry I can't help. Last time I was there, I wasn't dxed with Celiac and really can't remember much about the food there anyway. I can tell you there are Wild Oats in Tennessee though.