• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I have had my blood test and am now waiting to have my biopsy. I am just curious as to whether anyone knows what other disorders/conditions may cause fat malabsorption as this is my main symptom. Can Candida cause this?

Im really curious about this too. Im just learning and cant help you but let us know what you find out from your tests. Ive always felt like my body was allergic to fat.

i think i read that crohn's can also cause it, but i'm sure there are a number of others too. i'm pretty sure you can't be allergic to fat - maybe certain kinds - but fat is necessary, like protein and carbs.

Other digestive disorders (Chrone's Disease and some types of colitis) can cause fat malabsorption. Pancreatic tumors are another cause, and then there's disorders were the food goes through the system too quickly and you have constant diarrhea. Also alcoholism does something funky to liver (as I have heard and I don't know specifics, but it results in an anorexic weight and loss of Vitamin B and food doesn't get absorbed).

Include also pancreatic disorders where pancreas isn't making enzymes (which could be result of genetic or tumors).