This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tv Show Medium

jennyj

jennyj Collaborator

I love the TV show Medium and although last night was a rerun the first time I saw it, it didn't mean anything. The oldest daughter was having a sleep over and her mom had to buy some special food for her "gluten intolerant" friend. Then later she went to the pizza place and brought home a "gluten-free" pizza. I was so excited my DH laughed at me. I thought it was great to mention it in passing on a TV show that is popular, maybe just around here. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Little by little it's creeping into TV shows like that. I have heard it on Raven where her friend and her mother were eating gluten-free spaghetti.

Every little bit of exposure helps!

Karen

floridanative Community Regular

I don't watch that show but that is so cool! A few weeks ago we were wathcing the Steven Colbert show on Comedy Central and he was doing some silly rant and said the words 'gluten free bake sale' and I almost fell off the bed!

snowygiraffe Rookie
I love the TV show Medium and although last night was a rerun the first time I saw it, it didn't mean anything. The oldest daughter was having a sleep over and her mom had to buy some special food for her "gluten intolerant" friend. Then later she went to the pizza place and brought home a "gluten-free" pizza. I was so excited my DH laughed at me. I thought it was great to mention it in passing on a TV show that is popular, maybe just around here. :D

I was watching that same episode last night! But wondered where she went to to get the pizza? They kind of made sound like she popped into "regular" pizza place and special ordered a pizza with gluten free crust and it took an hour to make. I want a pizza place near me that does that! :D

Lauren M Explorer

I saw the original of that episode (didn't we have a discussion then?) I watch the show pretty regularly and if I remember correctly, it takes place in Phoenix, AZ. So maybe the pizza place is Picazzo's?

- Lauren

jennyj Collaborator

I wondered where this pizza place would be too. Wouldn't it be awesome!

Guest Viola

She did go to a regular pizza place, but I can't remember which one. I know in Edmonton, Alberta there are two Boston Pizza places that serve gluten free pizza :D So ... it is coming people!!! :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lauren M Explorer

pretty sure it's Open Original Shared Link

jennyj Collaborator
pretty sure it's Open Original Shared Link

Thanks for the menu. I looked it over and almost drooled. :P

snowygiraffe Rookie

Do you think they would do a delivery to South Carolina? :P:P

2Boys4Me Enthusiast
She did go to a regular pizza place, but I can't remember which one. I know in Edmonton, Alberta there are two Boston Pizza places that serve gluten free pizza :D So ... it is coming people!!! :lol:

What! Where? Next time we go up we might have to check it out. A BP near us let us bring in take out from the Mongolie Grill next door when we had a hockey party last Christmas.

sspitzer5 Apprentice
Thanks for the menu. I looked it over and almost drooled. :P

Luckily, I get to travel to Phoenix once in a while and eat at Picazzo's. It's wonderful! I really wish there was one here in the Bay Area. Anyone want to pool resources and open a franchise? There's an article in Living Without that talks about how each Picazzo's location sells 500 gluten free pizzas per week when they originally estimated selling only 4 or 5 (Open Original Shared Link). That number really amazes me, 3 locations is 1500 gluten-free pizzas per week. There must be a lot of happy Celiacs in Phoenix.

S

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

That's cool, JennyJ.

Guest Viola
What! Where? Next time we go up we might have to check it out. A BP near us let us bring in take out from the Mongolie Grill next door when we had a hockey party last Christmas.

Okay, here's the scoop I got on Edmonton. Boston Pizza at Sherwood Park and Spruce Grove ... I'm told they are on the outskirts of Edmonton, by our Albertan daughter.

and

Pizzeria Prego on 111st. at about 58th Ave North of Southgate in Lendrum Centre.

Also good for Celiacs in Edmonton is

Pearl River Restaurant ...99st. at 47th Ave

and

Oodles of Noodles on Whyte Ave.

Sure hope you get out there to check it out! :D

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

Thanks Shirley! Next time we head up there we'll try to check it out.

Guest Lisa Monet

Why wait for an opportunity to go to Arizona? Why dream about pizza? Why not just make it yourself?

We eat gluten-free pizza all the time in our home. Use Bette Hagman's pizza dough recipe, find a good sauce recipe (don't use store-bought bottled c**p), top with whatever you like, bake, and dig in.

It takes about an hour from start to finish.

Guest Viola
Why wait for an opportunity to go to Arizona? Why dream about pizza? Why not just make it yourself?

We eat gluten-free pizza all the time in our home. Use Bette Hagman's pizza dough recipe, find a good sauce recipe (don't use store-bought bottled c**p), top with whatever you like, bake, and dig in.

It takes about an hour from start to finish.

Ahhhhh Lisa, your pizza I'm sure is wonderful! And I have made my own on occasion using kinnikinnick crust. However, there is a wee problem of 'hating to cook' Now I'm told that I'm a wonderful cook when I get to it, but there is so much else in life that I would rather do. :rolleyes:

Besides ... going out for Pizza with family and friends ... an 'almost normal' thing to do after a game or show would be super! :D

Archived