Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corkdarrr

Kinnickinnick Pizza Crusts

Okay, so I lucked out and found a store VERY nearby that carries them (Turtle, Rosewood Market on Rosewood across from Publix if you didn't already know).

But I can't seem to find any directions on the package. So. Since I've been full of stupid questions, what temp do I bake them at? And I can only assume that you don't prebake - just put the toppings on the frozen crust and go?

Anyone?

I'm hungry. Please answer!

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey!! Please? Someone?

I just made one a while ago - 425 for about 12 minutes. Good, but it could've been a bit crispier.

I am so hysterically excited to eat normalish pizza that I'm making another one shortly (hey. they were the 7inch personal pizzas. And I deserve it!)

Do I make the temp higher or lower or leave it the same but in for longer?

Even if I can't spell Kinnickinininiasdfnkln, it has made me very, very happy. :D

-Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

Guest nini

I cook mine at 375 for at least 15 minutes sometimes it requires a little longer. My hubby that worked in a pizza resto for a few months says the temp needs to be higher... I guess you just have to experiment with them! Either way they are edible and tasty!

Courtney-

According to the website:

Top with your favorites and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until crust begins to brown.

Longer cooking time produces crispier crust.

I think I am now intolerant to ingredients in their products, but when I did eat it, I think I cooked it on the longer side of their directions to get it crispier. I would also cook it without ingredients, then take it out and put the ingredients on and put it back in. It does take a bit of experimenting but it is yummy!

Hope you enjoy!

Guest Norah022

we cook it at 450 at home...I like my pizzas pretty crisp

A suggestion for a great pizza is tomato sauce with fresh mozzarella...YUMMY!

Thanks Courtney!!! I'll have to swing by there and check it out....how were the prices at Rosewood? Better or higher than EarthFare?? Just curious...

~Turtle~

Jennifer - I don't think Earthfare carries Kinnickckinioninkn crusts, but I will definately doublecheck. The only thing I really looked at were the frozen foods - and the Amy's pizza was at least $1 more than it is at Earthfare. It's a really small store! And I have a mildly hilarious personal reason as to why I try not to go in there! :P

What's the deal with our little Columbia group?

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

I microwave my frozen crusts for 45 seconds, then rub with a little olive oil and top with sauce and cheese, etc. cook at 350 for 20 minutes or so. Enjoy!! we love these crusts. I also make cheesy garlic bread with these. micro, then rub with butter, sprinkle garlic powder, top with moz cheese, bake 350 for 10 minutes and slice into strips. My kids love these!!

happy kinnick

Cali

Cali

Here to support and cook for:

Jared (Husband with Celiac.) diagnosed and gluten free since Nov.2005

Abby ( 6 yrs old) diagnosed with celiac and gluten free since Nov.2005

Griffin (4 yrs old) not diagnosed but gluten free since Nov. 2005

mmm I love those! I used to eat those when I was preggo I forgot all about them :P

I think I did 375 for 15 mins or so. (can't remember) But I know I would put it under the broiler for a minute or so and let the cheese brown some. Just a little hint taste more like restaurant pizza that way :D

gluten-free since 2004!