Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone here tried GlutenEase? It really scares me to try it because I don't want to get sick! Also, at $30 it would be an expensive "experiment"!

I use the dairy enzymes when I eat small amounts of butter or other dairy containing products, but, it does not work super well. Using lactose free items works much better than the pills.

I have heard from several sources that you can wean yourself back onto dairy products, but, I am scared to do that as well because of the digestive problems that come with it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This is my personal opinion. It sounds like you might be casein intolerant, rather than lactose intolerant. If I am right, you will never outgrow it, and should stay away from dairy for life.

But you may want to try goat's milk (and goat's cheese). It is very low in casein and is supposed to be much better tolerated than cow's milk.

As to the gluten ease: The only reason I would ever take it is, if I have to be in a situation when cross contamination is a possibility, not to purposely eat gluten. I don't think that is a good idea at all. Of course, it's your choice. But you might make yourself ill by experimenting like that.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glutenease may be ok when you are accidentally glutened or something but it should not give you the right to eat gluten. That's not a smart avenue for celiacs.

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Glutenease may be ok when you are accidentally glutened or something but it should not give you the right to eat gluten. That's not a smart avenue for celiacs.

Ursula Posted Sep 26, 10:18 PMAs to the gluten ease: The only reason I would ever take it is, if I have to be in a situation when cross contamination is a possibility, not to purposely eat gluten. I don't think that is a good idea at all. Of course, it's your choice. But you might make yourself ill by experimenting like that.

Those were my thoughts exactly in regard to GlutenEase. I am not going to willingly eat gluten just because. It may be, like said above, a way to keep from getting sick or sicker just in case something is accidentally consumed, but, I am not willing to put myself at risk.

I never seemed to experience any of the weight loss or malnutrition issues due to gluten, but, I did experience gastrointestinal issues. Having not had any biopsies to determine intestinal damage, I don't know if I had damage or not, but, I intend to stay gluten free anyway.

Thanks for the insight about caesin, I will investigate that further.

I have used the Glutenease everyday for the past week. I cant say that I notice much of a difference- but I am not going out and eating gluten and casien. I am still in the "healing" phase of this since I have only been Gluten-free Casein-free for about 3.5 months now and I wanted to see if the Glutenease helped out at all. It is 30 bucks for 60 pills and I take 2 pills a day during a meal so that comes out to 1 dollar a day- you can buy it in bulk in get discounts.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Dx'd with Ulcerative Colitis March 05

New GI doctor not convinced I have UC but maybe Microscopic Colitis

Dx'd With gluten and casien sensativity through Enterolab

Gluten score was 40 and casein score was 16.

Ready to feel better through a gluten-free/CF diet!

GO TERPS