Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sara_UK

Got Glutened - It's So True!

Hello!

I've been gluten, dairy and egg free now for a couple of months (I think) - tested some chocolate blamange on holiday, and know that dairy def gives me D now! So now I believe that.

Was thinking about trying some bread, just to see if anything happened to me - but last night, for yesterday lunch, and night before, I'd done a stir fry with plum and hoi sin sauce (totally forgetting for the first time to read the ingredients!).

all day yesterday my stomach was making horrific noises (am known for my loud tummy rumblings!), which I realised it'd not done for quite a while. then after eating last night i was just so bloated and in a bit of pain, and in a foul foul foul irritable mood! thought it was just me being a cow, and eating too much, then read the hoi sin sauce and found it had wheat flour in it!

weird that some things seem to have cleared up that i didn't really notice as being a problem (loud stomach noises), until I get them again!

so now I also believe that wheat gluteny stuff is def a problem! can't believe i felt like i did last night for ages before i did the blood test and just thought it was normal!

hurrah!

Sara

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, here you did your gluten challenge and didn't even mean to! I'm glad it gave you confirmation of definite gluten intolerance. But you better be more careful in the future!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep! You don't realize some of those things are gone until you mess up! :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

I will be more careful..had been so good, not even cheated at all (apart from on holiday once, but that as just to test it out...honest)

my cravings for things seem to have gone to be honest..everynow and then would love a big fat sandwich, or something covered in cheese..but then i can have lots of rice and meat! is getting a bit monotonous though..i dont even crave potatos anymore..which i can still eat and used to eat tonnes of them. brown rice is the way forward!

need to have a bash at making some pastry though or something so I can make a pie.

Sara