This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

My Enterolab Tests Are In..

mandyann

mandyann Newbie

Well, my Enterolab tests results are finally in. (it only took two weeks but seemed like forever) I understand all but the gene testing. Would those of you who are familiar with Enterolab give me your input on my gene testing results. It sounds my 5 year old son would test positive, since I seem to have both genes. Is it common to have both genes? Is it worth testing him or should I just go ahead and take him off the gluten too. As much as I hate to give up dairy, I've been waiting for confirmation on this one. I don't eat alot of dairy but I do LOVE it in my cappucino!!

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 26 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 45 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0301

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0603

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,6)

Thanks in advance for your input.

Diana

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

chrissy Collaborator

we've just been discussing this on another thread. it seems that just about EVERYONE who tests with enterolab is going to test positive for 2 gluten intolerant genes. that only guarantees that your son will have at least one gene(based on your test alone)---which does not gurantee that he will have a problem with gluten----unless you have complete faith in enterolab, in which case, it is almost guaranteed that your son would test positive for gluten intolerance.

mandyann Newbie

Well, I did test positive on the Gliadin IGG/IGA panel that my doctor did, twice. But according to this, I do not have Celiac's only a gluten sensitivity, right? Now, I'm really confused.

chrissy Collaborator

gliadin IGA/IGG can be raised by other things than celiac. TTG is a better test for celiac. it is specific for celiac.

AndreaB Contributor

Your son would have one gluten sensitive gene anyway. Depends on whether his father has a celiac gene or not. It's really up to you on whether you want to remove gluten from his diet as well.

In my family my husband was the only one without an active sensitivity and he has 2 celiac genes. He went gluten free with the rest of us anyway.

daffadilly Apprentice

re Enterolab, well I have one friend that tested postive by biopsy & my sister positive via blood test. they are both awaiting their Enterolab results, so yea they might have a celiac or gluten intolerant gene or two at least.

Archived