Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gary

Can Anyone Please Help Me Understand Enterolab Results?

A) Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 32 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 17 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 481 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 17 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 06xx

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 6,6)

Acute/Chronic Colitis Stool Test

Fecal lactoferrin Negative (Normal - Negative)

Also, I went through Enterolab as kind of a last resort to get some answers concerning my health. Can anyone tell me how acurate they think these tests are? Has anyone ever been falsely diagnosed? Can I consider this pretty much a for sure thing? Any responses would be very appreciated. Also, does anyone know if the levels that I have on the tests are pretty high or not too bad? Once again, I would appreciate any input I can get.

Thanks,

Gary

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

As far as your numbers I believe that enterolab says it doesn't really matter if you score 10 or 350. It still means gluten free according to them.

You have an autoimmune reaction as noted by the ttg being over 10. You have mild malabsorption. This could be caused by gluten or dairy. If you eat soy, that could also cause problems.

The dq1 genes are gluten sensitive genes but aren't known as celiac genes (doesn't mean they won't be recognized in the future). They tend toward a more neurological manifestation with the ingestion of gluten.

You need to be gluten and casein free for life.

As far as the validity. I'm not aware of anyone that has had false results. We will know more hopefully once Dr. Fine gets his info published. From what I've read it is a lengthy process but they hope to be published sometime next year.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

You need to go gluten-free/casein-free. I didn't eliminate casein in the beginning. Now I'm finding I'm not as sensitive to casein as I am to gluten -- I can eat chocolate and use non-dairy creamer (which has casein), but I was off casein completely before I tested to see if I could tolerate it. In the beginning it seemed I was as sensitive to casein as I was to gluten, but it was always after a lot of it. Now I use it very sparingly, but at least I don't have to worry about cc as I do with gluten.

Go off both for a while, I think you will feel a difference. I have the same genes as you.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Hi Gary, Thanks so much for posting your results. I really want to do the Enterolab full panel test - just waiting to be able to afford it - so this is great knowing what you get for your money. BUT, you didn't receive anything else with your results that would explain to you what all that means? I'd hate to think that spending almost $400 gives you a bunch of numbers with no explanation. I'd be lost if I just received that back from them. What in the world does it really tell you?

Maybe I'm missing something here?

Loribelle,

They do give a detailed description of what various things mean.

Sometimes it's easier to just ask and people like me like to know results of various people anyway, so I don't mind. :)

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Loribelle,

They do give a detailed description of what various things mean.

Sometimes it's easier to just ask and people like me like to know results of various people anyway, so I don't mind. :)

Oh thanks Andrea! :) I'm relieved to know that. You'll probably see me posting my results one day and asking everyone what they think. :rolleyes:

Lori