Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mellajane

Chaleston South Carolina

I hope someone can help me... I am considering moving to Charleston and wondering if anybody has any info on the area. I live in Virginia Beach right now and have just now gotten used to where i can shop. The biggest question is how much of a demand is in Charelston for celiac.. Are there places to shop and eat..Any feedback would be awesome ...

"There is always a Brighter side to every situation"

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just moved to northern VA from Virginia Beach! :D

I know it is hard to make a move. If you don't get a lot of responses on the board, your best bet would be to find a support group down there and contact them. Also, look up whole foods, trader joes, etc and see if they have stores down there. do a search for restaurants that you eat at (chains) in the hampton roads area and see if they are in charleston. i bet there are a lot of "local" places that would accomodate you, too...the "local Celiacs" should be of great help in that area.

My brother and sis-in-law live there and LOVE it, but I have yet to visit. I'm going in the spring.

here is a list of some support groups. https://www.celiac.com/st_main.html?p_catid...-11106050815.94

hope this helps! :D

I see you posted this a while back... sorry I dont have time to check out the board as much as I would like.

I am not celiac but my 3 yr old son is. For that reason we havent been to the support group meeting but we do have them here. I think they meet every other month. I can give you the ladies name that organizes it if you like.

We have an Earth Fare store and a Whole Foods, both are really good. I shop at the Earth Fare because its closer and really like it. They have been good about ordering new things for me when I ask. They had a gluten free store tour and tasting a few weeks ago.

I dont know about the restaurants... we dont go out to eat alot. I have heard of some local places that will fix gluten free meals but most of its not for a 3 yr old so we just stay home. lol.

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Stef.