Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bklyn

Headache Medication Needed

Extra Strength Tylenol isn't helping my tension headaches (start in the neck). Any suggestions for another OTC medication that is easy on the stomach but stronger than Tylenol?

Thanks

Kathy C.

Ft.Lauderdale, Fl.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I take 3 Advil for my headaches. The recommended dose of 1 - 2 does nothing for them. It doesn't bother my stomach but I'm not sure if it's easy on the stomach.

Karen

gluten free 4/06

casein free 7/06

DQ1, DQ8

Daughter (11) gluten free 5/06, casein free 6/06

Daughter (9) gluten free 3/06, casein free 7/06, soy free, trying peanut free

vegetarian

gluten lite on and off since 1999

All dx'ed by Enterolab

I can't tolerate Ibuprofin, it makes me nauseous. For any pain that Tylenol won't touch, I use Extra Strength Bufferin. Some people can't use aspirin, but I can tolerate this fine--and it's great for pain.

It a matter of trying a few different things until you hit on the one that works while not causing side effects. Hope you feel better!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

aleve (naproxene sodium) is a pretty good pain killer------i think i used to take 2 instead of 1. OTC meds don't work for my tension headaches. i used darvocet for alot of years, but i have been on norco since my hysterectomy last year.

do you get tension headaches alot? i have had them for so long that i have lost the natural curve in my neck---the tense muscles caused it, i guess. i am just starting some exercises to try and help my neck and head stop hurting all the time. don't let yours get this bad!!!!!

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene