This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Question For Those With Constipation Problems

emcmaster

emcmaster Collaborator

Hi :)

If you get "backed up" do you experience severe bloating and pain? I thought i'd been glutened yesterday, but I think it was just some serious C.

Also, if you take something to help you go, do you often feel better as it starts working but before you actually go? I felt horrible all day yesterday than I mixed some miralax with V8. This morning I felt almost back to normal even before I actually went. The only thing I can think is that it was because the Miralax has already softened the "stuff" which provided relief even before it came out.

Any thoughts?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

You know, Elizabeth, that 'serious C' can be a symptom of a glutening as well as D? Especially if it is accompanied by bloating and pain. With me, a glutening can go either way. Sometimes stomach and bowel cramps followed by D, or bloating, severe pain and C.

Try drinking some prune juice, or eat some steamed prunes. Also, drinking lots of water is helpful.

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

I had some serious C due to the neurological damage . . . my autonomic nervous system doesn't know how to function properly, so I don't sweat, don't have intestinal peristalsis, etc. I take Miralax twice a day . . . it has been a Godsend. I tried everything . . . the only time I would go is when I took two Pericolace, drank two to three bottles of water, ate 14-15 prunes and took magnesium . . . it was pretty bad. The GI doc doesn't seem to be too worried about the Miralax and dependency . . . he gave me a year's prescription for it.

Corkdarrr Enthusiast

Mmmmm...magnesium supplements! Tremendous help. Naturemade is gluten-free and CF

marciab Enthusiast

I used to have this all the time, except when I had "D". :unsure: My body had forgotten how to go on it's own. I later found out wheat does this to me. Even a minute amount ...

Have you tried using oils, like EVOO, grapeseed oil, flax or borage ? These are good for you and will not affect have a negative effect your cholesteral.

I don't remember feeling better before going but it has been a long time since I was like this. Kefir can make my stomach feel better if I am bloated though.

Hope this helps .. marcia

Marg E Rookie

I drink dandelion coffee (the granules not the tea bags, the latter doesn't work as well) from the health shop, seems to help me go v regularly. Seems to stimulate my liver and get everything working well and I feel really good on it. Just one cup and not even every day.

emcmaster Collaborator
You know, Elizabeth, that 'serious C' can be a symptom of a glutening as well as D? Especially if it is accompanied by bloating and pain. With me, a glutening can go either way. Sometimes stomach and bowel cramps followed by D, or bloating, severe pain and C.

Try drinking some prune juice, or eat some steamed prunes. Also, drinking lots of water is helpful.

Yes, I definitely get more C when I've been glutened. I have found that since I went gluten-free, my C isn't nearly as bad, but I still have it. Even when I was on an elimination diet I had it.

I should go get some prunes... I always forget about that as being a good remedy. Thanks :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

wacky~jackie Rookie

Are you sure your C isn't from being glutened? Just a thought.

Before going gluten-free I was almost always C. Went maybe once a week. Since going gluten-free I only get C when I've been glutened. Terrible bloating and pain then C for several days.

Archived