Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daisy Duke

I Ate Lunch At Wendy's

Hi, today at work we had lunch from Wendy's. I ordered the ultimate chicken grill with no bun with sauce and tomato and lettuce. I had a baked potato with nothing on it, cause I can't do dairy, plus a diet coke.

I had lunch through Subways a couple weeks ago not even thinking of the cross-contamination issues, so I think I did much better eating from Wendy;s.

Daisy Duke

Daisy Duke

Montana

Gluten/Casein Free since 02/06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It sounds like what you ordered is safe, but I personally steer clear of fast food restaurants. They are just too busy and their staff is usually not trained on gluten-free food prep. Having had experience at working for McDonalds when I was in high school, I've seen the level of competence working behind the counter, and it is scary!

2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)

2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life

Wendy's is probably a little safer than Subway just because they don't bake fresh bread on site so they don't have flour floating around in the air like Subway. It's still a relatively risky place to eat. Though, I must admit, I don't think I've ever been glutened at a Wendy's.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

sorry this doesn't have anything to do with wendy's or subway....

but i just wanted to ask the person above me about your picture....

it looks really tasty...just wondering if you made it yourself? and if so could i maybe have the recipe? i haven't had a real waffle in ages....

Sure thing! I posted the recipe here a few weeks ago. Waffle Recipe Enjoy! I topped mine with blueberries and GV brand whipped cream. I believe Reddi Whip is gluten free as well. Any fruit would work. I like the canned stuff that's already sweetened, though unsweetened fruit is probably much better for you. I'm sure any fruit would work.

~Angie~

Angie,

Those waffles do look yummy! Do you have a hard time keeping them on the table?

Let's just say there are never many leftovers. Luckily, I make the waffles the day before I'm planning on serving them, and then I freeze them. A batch makes 10 waffles. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't get a bite because I'm always the last to eat when I cook breakfast. :)

~Angie~

thank you so much! i think i'm going to give them a try this weekend.... but sorry, one more question--does anyone know an addition/variation you could add to this to make them "belgiun waffles"? (i don't know if i spelled that right) i don't know exactly what makes them different than regular waffles.... thanks again!! :D