Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ami27

Is There Anything That Can Be Done To Speed Up

I bought some Udo's Choice Enzyme Blend. I've taken 2 today and didn't read the ingredients carefully enough. Not sure how I missed it, but it has barley malt in it :( So I have spent most of the day in bed today. I'm glad it's Saturday at least. But, at the same time, I hate wasting my whole weekend recovering from this mistake. Is there any way to get it out of my system quicker? Just curious if any of you had any tricks for this or if I just have to wait it out as usual. More proof that I really do have an issue with gluten.

Ami

Ami

Hypothyroid - diagnosed early 1999

Negative blood work for Celiac 12/05

Gluten free since 12/05

Tested positive for heavy metal toxicity, low functioning thyroid (even while taking Armour), hormone imbalance & adrenal fatigue 9/07

Started chelation for heavy metals began new medication/supplements to balance thyroid, hormones and adrenals 9/07

Enterolab Results:

Myself - positive IgA: 11

HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,7)

11 yr old son - positive IgA: 11

HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,6)

8 yr old son - negative

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,6)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I usually just wait it out. There are foods that may help. Blueberries may help with diarrhea and/or constipation.

"Blueberries can help relieve both diarrhea and constipation. In addition to soluble and insoluble fiber, blueberries also contain tannins, which act as astringents in the digestive system to reduce inflammation."

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=f...#healthbenefits

Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004

Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003

Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

I find myself waiting the storm out also, I don't believe there is much more to do. Sometimes a cup of tea helps. If it is the work week I usually take some immoudium for the D and hope for the best. Good Luck, it could be worse you could have missed a day of work for this. It is bad it is your weekend, but you can just lounge and enjoy the chilly winter day.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Peppermint tea, or ginger and honey tea; lots of water, and rest. And not trying to be too social, because I become a major sour-puss. :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Guest Ang

How dumb am I? I made my favorite dinner tonight, for guests, and I had a tray of chicken that was gluten-free for me, and a large tray of "regular" breaded chicken. Guess which tray I took from?! :o

It wasn't until we were putting dinner away that I realized my mistake! I immediately took 2 immodium pills, and I drank a TON of water. Still am drinking water...somehow I feel this flushes it out of my system. It's been almost 9 hours, and no symptoms so far. I do feel a little queasy from so much water!

I don't purposely cheat, but once I actually "forgot" I had celiac, and ate a crouton. I did the same pill/water trick, and didn't have any problems.

My dinner, by the way, was fabulous. Our guests were asking how my chicken was, how it was different, etc. and I said, "It tastes exactly like yours...it's great!" Little did I know!