Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerryK

How To Contact Enterolab?

Other than the "contact us" button on Enterolab's website, anyone know how to ask Dr. Fine some

questions?

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I believe they have their phone number on the website as well.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

If you are a client, the nurse will answer questions if you email them. There is a word limit, so use appreviations and you can fit quite alot in. Obviously they will not diagnose since it would not be legal. She has always answered me very quickly as well. They've been great for communication. Other labs will barely speak to me, even when I am a recent client. I'm sure it's a doctor/liability thing. If you want to talk to Phyllis (RN) by phone in person, the nutritional consultation charge is $50 for 30 minutes. She is very helpful for celiac coping skills, interpreting your results and tracking down cross contamination - that sort of thing. I'm assuming that Dr. Fine cannot talk to anyone since he is extremely busy with his research writing. I could be wrong. I've never asked.

I asked a ton of questions (replying to my results email), and I was always answered in detail by Phyllis, the R.N. I had assumed that she either had the knowledge herself, or if necessary asked Dr. Fine, in order to answer my questions. She really helped explain and illuminate whatever I asked.

CAROLE

-------------

Enterolab 1/2006

IgA & tTg Positive

DQ2-0201 (celiac) and DQ1-0604 (gluten)

Casein IgA positive

Mom has 2 celiac genes

Both kids have a celiac gene.

Lots of celiac disease in my family, both sides.

I have called and talked to Phyllis without being charged. It wasn't a nutrional consultation. It was more about what the diet could do for various members of my family.

Karen

gluten free 4/06

casein free 7/06

DQ1, DQ8

Daughter (11) gluten free 5/06, casein free 6/06

Daughter (9) gluten free 3/06, casein free 7/06, soy free, trying peanut free

vegetarian

gluten lite on and off since 1999

All dx'ed by Enterolab