Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TinkerbellSwt

Flax Seed Meal

I have flax seeds, but I cant get flax seed meal. what can i do? anyone?

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you have a blender, you can process the seeds in it and make your own flaxseed meal. That's what I do. I keep the seeds in the freezer and only process what I need for a specific recipe - that way they stay fresh.

Put about 1/4 cup seeds in the blender and run on medium speed for a few minutes. Now and then you can dislodge the meal from the very bottom with a spoon so it all gets cut up evenly. Store what you don't use in the refrigerator, but use it up fairly soon. (I'm not sure how long it would keep, a week or two?)

Valda

Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance

other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca

Hypoglycemic

Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)

Living a healthier, happier life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

thanks so much. I was reading the bag to see where I should keep the whole seeds that I am not using and it doesnt say anywhere, but everywhere I read says flax seeds need to be taken care of specially. I appreciate you getting back to me.. i made the meal...

Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05

son born severly premature due to

celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville