Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KevinG

Can Anyone Make Sense Of These Symptoms?

Hello,

I tested negative for Celiac disease, but definitely have an adverse reaction to gluten. I have been on a gluten-free diet for months now.

I would like to ask if there is any pattern to the following symptoms. I know most of them have already been discussed on this forum, but I'm wondering if they fit together in any meaningful way (i.e. if they all could be symptoms of a disorder with a particular system).

-Extreme thirst (polydipsia) [note: I tested negative for diabetes]

-Skin marks very easily when scratched or pressure is applied (dermatographia). For instance, if I have a bag strap over my arm, a red mark will be left for a while.

-Feeling of numbness in my left flank

-Hands feel weak sometimes; twitching in eyebrow and occasionally fingers

-Urologic discomfort

These symptoms become more pronounced when I'm eating gluten. I know it's related to gluten, but I'm interested in knowing specifically if these symptoms cluster together somehow.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

• Tissue transglutaminase antibody, IgA (normal is <20): 4
  • Endomysial AB IgA: negative

Enterolab results:

• [*]Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA (normal is <10): 52 Units [*]Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA (normal is <10): 30 Units [*]Fecal Fat Score (normal is <300): Less than 300 [*]Fecal Anti-casein (cow

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello,

I tested negative for Celiac disease, but definitely have an adverse reaction to gluten. I have been on a gluten-free diet for months now.

I would like to ask if there is any pattern to the following symptoms. I know most of them have already been discussed on this forum, but I'm wondering if they fit together in any meaningful way (i.e. if they all could be symptoms of a disorder with a particular system).

-Extreme thirst (polydipsia) [note: I tested negative for diabetes]

-Skin marks very easily when scratched or pressure is applied (dermatographia). For instance, if I have a bag strap over my arm, a red mark will be left for a while.

-Feeling of numbness in my left flank

-Hands feel weak sometimes; twitching in eyebrow and occasionally fingers

-Urologic discomfort

These symptoms become more pronounced when I'm eating gluten. I know it's related to gluten, but I'm interested in knowing specifically if these symptoms cluster together somehow.

Thanks! :rolleyes:

I'll just add to the list the embarrassing symptom of my pee having bubbles in it. I got it checked out by the doctor, and I think I had slightly elevated levels of albumin in the urine.

• Tissue transglutaminase antibody, IgA (normal is <20): 4
  • Endomysial AB IgA: negative

Enterolab results:

• [*]Fecal Anti-gliadin IgA (normal is <10): 52 Units [*]Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA (normal is <10): 30 Units [*]Fecal Fat Score (normal is <300): Less than 300 [*]Fecal Anti-casein (cow

I'll just add to the list the embarrassing symptom of my pee having bubbles in it. I got it checked out by the doctor, and I think I had slightly elevated levels of albumin in the urine.

Don't be embarrassed. This can actually be a symptom of Nephrotic Syndrome - a kidney problem. I have a form of nephrotic syndrome called Minimal Change Disease and there is a current thread going about it. Do you ever have swelling in your legs or a "puffy" look in your face?

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Those were all among my daily symptoms.

Gluten-free, Vegan