Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ebrbetty

Edy's Fruit Bars?

does anyone know if they are gluten-free? they look it to me, I emailed them a few days ago but have not heard back. The orange look good.

thanks

~Betty

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

They are good! I don't know if they are gluten-free - when they email you back make sure you post! They are great in the summertime...

Tritty (my childhood nickname....)

Age 31, Mommy of 3

Blood test positive for celiac 1/16/07

gluten-free since 1/16/07

Endoscopy 2/13/07 - small hiatal hernia, scalloped mucosa in 1st and 2nd part of duodenum, some erosion of the esophogus.

Two oldest kids - fine so far :)

My 17 mo old has eosinophilic esophogitis. Only showing milk allergy? So completely off dairy for time being to see if that is trigger...

finally got an email from them, they are gluten-free woohoo..low fat and low cal!

March 26, 2007

Dear Ms. ####,

Thank you for your email requesting nutritional information on EDY'S Fruit Bars. In an increasingly health-conscious society, we are always happy to answer your questions about our products.

As a general rule, the gluten in any of our ice cream, frozen yogurt or novelty products is present only in added bakery products such as cookies or shortcake. In most cases the ice cream itself contains no gluten. The modified food starch that you may find listed in the ingredients is derived from a vegetable source and is, therefore, gluten-free. In addition, all of our Fruit Bars are gluten-free.

We will be sending a current flavor list with our follow up response. Any flavor that contains gluten is so designated with the letter "G" on that list. We hope that this information will be helpful to you. Please feel free to call our toll-free number should you need any further information. Our representatives will be happy to help you.

We value our consumers and hope you will continue to enjoy our products. Please watch your mail for coupons to be used toward future purchases and a current flavor list.

Sincerely,

Stefanie Banis

Consumer Response Representative

Ref # N1913941

~Betty

Great! My kids love those bars. If they are sending out coupons, I'm going to send a letter to them too!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Yay!!! I love Edy's products!!!

We love their slow-churned ice cream and eat it all the time!!

Good to know that their fruit bars are gluten-free! Nice to have that low-cal option!

Thanks for sharing!

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive