Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HawkFire

Hot Cereal For Children

I recently purchased a bag of sweet rice. I wasn't sure how to prepare it. I made it as I would regular rice. I added a spoon of honey and a banana. It was very good, of course. It's a nice substitute for hot oatmeal or hot buckwheat cereal. I made it for my children with cinnamon and brown sugar, and they liked it, though my growing son looked at me as if I'd fed him baby food. He then made scrambled eggs and four pieces of toast with coconut oil and ate two of the biggest egg sandwiches I've ever seen. Anyone else have experience with a growing boy? There's simply not enough food in my home at any one time for him to feel full. I don't know what else to do with the product. I'm not a fan of sushi anymore. So, any ideas on how to use the rest of the bag are appreciated.

The American Diet of Chips, soda, ice cream, Goldfish Crackers, bread for breakfast (cereal, donuts, waffles, toast, bagels) cereal bars, "gummies", candy, msg, dairy products of all kinds, soy, and other chemicals - is Killing us and promoting diseases. BE HEALTHY. EAT NATURAL FOODS. DO NOT INGEST CHEMICALS! If you cannot pronounce it, do not eat it. Use Coconut oil. Eat herbs in salads. NO DAIRY. LOVE YOURSELF. LOVE YOUR FAMILY. FOOD IS MEDICINE!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What about a big hot bowl of Cream of Rice, with coconut milk and brown sugar (don't know if sugar is off you list as well)

How about a big bowl of grits, cooked in chicken broth with a few free range eggs. (although, I could not have grits without butter) That may fill him up in the mornings.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Janelle Morman
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics