Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cycler

Baked Spaghetti

FIrst, a huge thank you to those who said that Tinkiyada Spaghetti tasted great - it really does and I had truly "real" tasting spaghetti for the first time in years!

I've got a question, though. If I cook it normally and then bake it in my sauce for a short time (30 minutes) will the spaghetti stay firm and if I refrigerate it after baking will it still be ok after a few days? I know that it's been said that rice pasta is really best to eat right after it's been cooked.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use their pasta for lasagna and what I do is put it in the dish raw, uncooked and use a little extra water. I find this works quite well. It seems if I cook the pastas first they always turn into mush.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I cook it normally and bake it just like you said. It still tastes great a few days later. You should have no problems with what you described.

Tapioca intolerant

First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease

Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.

Gluten-free since June 2005

Dx with IBS February 2005

Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

I cook it normally and bake it just like you said. It still tastes great a few days later. You should have no problems with what you described.

Thanks - that's what I wanted to know!