Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Zara

Need Help With Test Result!

Guest Zara

I had some tests done last year by LabCorp. I didn't have a good experience with my doctor so I got a copy of the results for myself. Can someone please help me with interpreting the results? I thought I was tested for celiac but now I'm not sure...Thanks!

Immunofixation Result, Serum

An apparent polyclonal gammopathy; IgG. Kappa and lambda typing appear increased

Immunoglobulin G, Qn, Serum 1794 H mg/dL (average 700-1600)

Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum 10 H mg/dL (average 70-400)

Immunoglobulin M, Qn, Serum 87 H mg/dL (average 40-230)

Right now my symptomps are bloating, cramps, belching, constipation. Also, I don't know whether this is relevant but I had a bad ekzema when I was little (it went away after treatment with ointments). Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

looks like maybe you are IgA deficient-----and there is no celiac test among those. my son is IgA deficient, so he has to have a total IgG serum test and a tissue transglutaminase IgG test done when we do his celiac testing. (he has the celiac gene, so he will have yearly testing)

Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005

11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005

17 year old son with celiac gene

Guest Zara
looks like maybe you are IgA deficient-----and there is no celiac test among those. my son is IgA deficient, so he has to have a total IgG serum test and a tissue transglutaminase IgG test done when we do his celiac testing. (he has the celiac gene, so he will have yearly testing)

Thanks, Chrissy! Do I need to tell my doc that I'm IgA deficient and thus need a more comprehensive celiac test, or will he do that automatically for a new patient?

I'm asking because sometimes doctors get upset if a patient already has some info so I don't want to make him feel like I'm telling him what to do (even if I am :rolleyes: )