Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ginap73

Black Angus

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I actually emailed them about a month ago and this is what they said -

Good afternoon,

At this time, we do not have a nutrition analysis of our menu items to provide Guests. Black Angus Steakhouse is currently working to have this information available to Guests. Please check our website for updates.

Sincerely,

Black Angus Steakhouse

4410 El Camino Real, Suite 201

Los Altos, CA 94022

I would call the location and talk to the manager anyway. It's a steakhouse. They should be able to make something safe for you even if they don't have a corporate policy or procedures in place.

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

We went there for my nephew's birthday. I e-mailed them ahead of time and the chef from the location where we were going was supposed to get back to me. He never did. Daughter and I both have food allergies and she more than I. So I really needed to know. Turns out the only things they could guarantee safe for us were the salad, a burger patty with lettuce and tomato, and a plain baked potato. You may have a few more options if it is only gluten you need to watch for. They do use butter on/in a lot of their foods and we can't have that.

We didn't get sick from our meal but it was pretty disappointing to have to eat such a bland and boring meal when we were surrounded by good smelling and good looking food. And it seemed a pretty high price to pay for something I could have easily made at home.

Black Angus would seem to me to be one of those places that is hit and miss. You can get a good server/chef, or not. I ate their for my Birthday a year back(got a gift card before diagnosed, was diagnosed the day after getting it, and it sat around for a year or so)

Anyways, I had good service, I talked to the waiter, and shortly afterwards, a chef from the back came out and talked to me about what was all on there. I honestly don't remeber what I got, but I remeber it tasting great(ok so did the rum and cokes...)

I actually suggested a pepper blend he found interesting(and actually made), something I use at home.

3 parts pepper

2 parts Lawrys seasoning salt

1 part garlic powder(not garlic salt)

0.5 part Old Hickory Salt(I use Spice Islands brand, as its gluten-free)

-grant

"If I start fighting a war... I guarantee you'll see something new" - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

I ate at Black Angus for lunch today. I ordered a steak, salad, baked potato w/ sour cream and butter, and steamed veg. All was well. I asked for oil and vinegar for the salad. It was good, and I felt great afterwords. I am one week into my gluten free eating, so it was great to have a good experience. I was at a baby shower the day before and ate something that was baaaad for me, so I was happy to have a good day. Overall, I am doing well finding gluten free items, and my family likes the food I am making. Much fresher!!