Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suebny

Nutritionist In New York

Hi Everyone -

My son has been on a gluten free diet since the end of December and we've been doing pretty well. He is 10 and a real trooper with all of this given that we only discovered he had celiac through family testing. He was never really sick. Anyway, while we've been doing pretty well, I think it's time we got in touch with a nutritionist to check in and maybe get advice, encouragement, etc. We are kind of in a rut and it's very early in the game. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks. Also, are there any parent of celiacs meeting groups in Manhattan?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Everyone -

My son has been on a gluten free diet since the end of December and we've been doing pretty well. He is 10 and a real trooper with all of this given that we only discovered he had celiac through family testing. He was never really sick. Anyway, while we've been doing pretty well, I think it's time we got in touch with a nutritionist to check in and maybe get advice, encouragement, etc. We are kind of in a rut and it's very early in the game. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks. Also, are there any parent of celiacs meeting groups in Manhattan?

I live in Westchester county and the only reccomendaton I received was Dr. Suzanne Lewis at the Columbia Celiac Disease Center. I have yet to go myself but I know I really need to get there. Good luck!