Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cynbd

Dental Report

I go to the dentist every six months for a teeth cleaning and check-up. I just went this past week, and have had the same dentist for the past 18 years. She was amazed at how clean and healthy my mouth was. She couldn't believe it. She said there weren't any irritated areas, and usually there is something going on or healing in most people's mouths.

I was thinking it was the gluten-free diet that I started 6 months ago. That is the only big change I have had.

Anyone else find their teeth and gums are much healthier? How great is that?!

Cindy

Gluten Free since November 2006

Lactose Intolerant since 1980

100% Lactose Free since May 2006

Caffeine Free since August 2007

Hashimoto's Disease

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That is great. I go in another month for my cleaning. I would love to get news like that.

I just had a dental checkup and they were amazed at how clean my teeth and gums were. I've always been picky about flossing and such -- I haven't changed anything or increased anything.

Maybe if you are eating a diet that eliminates a major sticky substance, less stuff sticks to your teeth. One more good thing about a gluten-free diet?

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

Yup, my mouth feels much cleaner nowadays, too. I can really feel a difference, even if I go to bed without brushing my teeth (I don't do that often, honest!) it doesn't feel all that bad in the morning.

My dentist doesn't even want to see me next year! :lol:

Pauliina

I used to get canker sores all the time, but since I have been gluten-free, I have not had one. I guess it is one of the unknown benefits of this great lifestyle.