Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glutenfreefamily

What Would You Use To Replace This?

I want to make this :P

http://www.kraftfoods.com/Recipes/CookiesC...eCreamCake.html

Im going to skip the oreos since I dont have a store near here that sells kinni-too's

How am I going to replace the ice cream bars? Do they sell these gluten free or should I just layer midel's chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How about making thin brownies then layering it with the ice cream? That would be more like an ice cream sandwich than the hard Midel cookies. Then you could have the Midel cookies replace the Oreos.

Wow ... can I come over???

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

How about making thin brownies then layering it with the ice cream? That would be more like an ice cream sandwich than the hard Midel cookies. Then you could have the Midel cookies replace the Oreos.

Wow ... can I come over???

Sure Im only in Michigan, come on up :D ooh brownies do sound good! I have namaste brownie mix here. Im about to make hot buttered rum drink! But first I better head off to the store.

Thanks so much!

Thanks! Michigan isn't too far ... except that I'm in Southern Ohio! :P

Hot buttered rum sounds SO GOOD! Except it's HOT here ... maybe it's just a rum drink that sounds good, haven't had a drink since Dec. 6th!!

gluten-free 12/05

Thanks! Michigan isn't too far ... except that I'm in Southern Ohio! :P

Hot buttered rum sounds SO GOOD! Except it's HOT here ... maybe it's just a rum drink that sounds good, haven't had a drink since Dec. 6th!!

How about a pina colada or a daiquiri? Its hot here too, 88 degrees, but its sounds so good with chocolate. But what doesn't sound good with chocolate ;)

Actually, I can't have the sugar either. <_<:(

You're right, anything is good with chocolate!

Im sorry :(

Are you limited on fruit too? If not how about fruit soaked in brandy? My friend use to make sangria that way and I loved the fruit just eating it on its own.

:( No, I'm on a ton of meds for Lyme and can't have alcohol, sugar, or caffeine ... in addition to the gluten. It's very boring ... I can have some fruit, but not an abundance.

But I can still dream about coming up there and having some ice cream cake!! :P Trust me, my constant brain fog is so bad, I don't need any alcohol!! :lol:

gluten-free 12/05

:( No, I'm on a ton of meds for Lyme and can't have alcohol, sugar, or caffeine ... in addition to the gluten. It's very boring ... I can have some fruit, but not an abundance.

But I can still dream about coming up there and having some ice cream cake!! :P

Im sorry

I was on a very restricted diet before also basically only whole foods and I avoided dairy so I know how you feel. I hope your able to go off of it though soon. I was on it for about six months and it was hard. I hope you have a good memorial day weekend :) You'll be up here with me in spirit :D

Have fun! I usually stick to whole foods too but I needed to cheat today :D

Yeah, whole foods gets boring sometimes ... you'll just have to eat the WHOLE cake! :P I cheat on the sugar once per month ... but no cheating on the alcohol. This month I had gluten-free carrot cake at Risotteria in NYC!!!

gluten-free 12/05

Yeah, whole foods gets boring sometimes ... you'll just have to eat the WHOLE cake! :P I cheat on the sugar once per month ... but no cheating on the alcohol. This month I had gluten-free carrot cake at Risotteria in NYC!!!

I love carrot cake, especially when someone else makes it for me :)

I didnt eat the whole cake but I did eat almost a quarter of it. Now with the booze I'll be asleep soon ;)

I want to make this :P

http://www.kraftfoods.com/Recipes/CookiesC...eCreamCake.html

Im going to skip the oreos since I dont have a store near here that sells kinni-too's

How am I going to replace the ice cream bars? Do they sell these gluten free or should I just layer midel's chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream.

It looks like you need a creamy something, a crunchy something and a fudgy something layered and covered with Cool Whip. Personally, I think some nuts would be good in there too (but I like nuts). Maybe make a recipe of brownies in a jelly roll pan so it comes out thin and crispy? Or bake some gluten-free chocolate cookies? Or crunch up some Heath Bars and sprinkle them in to give you the crunch?

And if you have a Kroger near you, they have a Private Selection (store brand) ice cream named Extreme Moose Tracks that is chocolate to the max! It would be a great sub for the ice cream sandwiches (chocolate ice cream, fudge ribbon and chocolate chunks). I won't let my hubby buy it any more. :-)

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Karen B.

diagnosed with Celiac Nov. 2003

Thanks Karen! Those sound delicious too, heath bars would taste really good as a topping in it.

That is one of our favorite ice creams :) its a staple in our house for my husband.

JNBunnie- Im not sure? We have them here in michigan.