Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luckygfme

Question About Armour

Is it possible to have a bad reaction to Armour?

I read over the different thyroid meds and Armour definately sounded the best, and my doctor didn't mind giving it to me. I'm on the lowest dose possible. I didn't associate this with armour at first,and maybe it has nothing to do with it, but for the time period that i've been taking it all my GI symptoms returned majorly. I've been having a problem with them, i'm not sure if i have something on top of gluten intolerance or cross contamination or whatever, but the problem is i've been feeling better and since starting Armour i've gotten a lot worse. And today, i woke up with my right elbow covered in blister like sores that burn and itch. I can't pin this down to anything else so i'm wondering if this could be a possible reaction to armour? is that even possible? :unsure:

Thanks for anyfeedback :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Is it possible to have a bad reaction to Armour?

It seems unlikely that you would be getting those type symptoms from the Armour....but I'm sure its not impossible.

I take Armour and dont have problems with it and I'm someone who literally has reactions to just about everything...food, meds, chemicals...you name it.

Do you have any problems with pork?? The Armour is from dessicated pig hormone.

Other than that I'm not sure. You say you are on the lowest dose and I would imagine if the dose were too high you would be getting symptoms such as heart palps, sweating, etc.

What were you taking before you got on Armour?? Maybe you can go back to that and see if the symptoms improve??

Rachel

I would have thought this reaction sounds unlikely to be caused by Armour. This is a list of ingredients.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/armour-vs-other-brands/

Did you have Forest brand Armour, or a generic brand ? If you continue to have symptoms see your Dr. A T4/ T3 combo ( synthetic) may suit you better.

Diagnosed May 2006 - Hashimotos Thyroid after being diagnosed in 1977 and told it didn't matter.

Diagnosed June 2006 with adrenal insufficiency.

Diagnosed June 2006 as Gluten Intolerant after I failed the Challenge Diet. Negative blood test.No biopsy.

Diagnosed June 2006 as B12 low. Needed weekly injections for a year.Still have them every 2 weeks.

Trialled Dairy Free Diet and reacted positively to that challenge in January 07.

News Flash! Coeliac Genetic Testing done April 08 . DQ2 Positive !

Diagnosed July 2010 FODMAP. Limits on Fructose, lactose, polyols, fructans. NO ONION! But I can have hard cheese, butter and cream again!!!