Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janelyb

Casein And Soy Testing, How Reliable

How accurate or reliable are the Casein and Soy sensitivity testing from enterolab?

For those who don't like this lab can you suggest another one that will tell me if casein or soy is causing problems for me/family member via a stool test.

Janel (me): gluten-free since 4/10/07; casien free 5/1/07;soy light 10/07

**LOST 35 lbs since April 2007(much needed weight loss)**

ds(6 yrs)- gluten-free since 3/19/07; casein free 5/2/07;soy free 10/07

HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 7,7)

new dx= Hirschsprungs Disease w/cecostomy

the non believers, only allergen free eatting at home because they have to be:

Hubby: refuses to eat Gluten-free Casein-free except for dinner

dd(14 yrs)- refuses to go along with any special dietary retrictions *I suspect dairy/wheat intollerant*

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was tested for casein and tested positive.

I eliminated dairy for 6 months and saw no change whatsoever, so I added it back. I saw no change or sensitivity to it at all.

I think it can help to have the test, but I think dietary response is the best indicator (for gluten, too -- though I do think people should be tested for celiac before going gluten-free).

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

I think they can be reliable if you have no other health issues contributing. An ELISA IgG test can tell you pretty much the same thing.

I had both done.

I came back below 10 on casien (I think 7) and at 15 for soy.

ELISA testing showed low IgG and IgE for dairy products and soy was moderate I think.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Guest AlabamaGirl

When I found out I was IgA casein intolerant thru EnteroLab (after all, I just got the stupid test b/c it was free!), I didn't believe it ... didn't WANT to believe it. About a month after my test results, I thought I'd try casein free. I had horrible withdrawals for about a week, and then FREEDOM! EnteroLab was right. But you need to listen to your body over any test result. If you'd like, you can read my post/journal here: http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...mp;#entry298553

How accurate or reliable are the Casein and Soy sensitivity testing from enterolab?

For those who don't like this lab can you suggest another one that will tell me if casein or soy is causing problems for me/family member via a stool test.

I had like over an 40 threw enterolab for casein, and i know i have a problem with dairy, i have known that for years but just ignored. I dont know if the dairy was causing me more problems cause i was an undiagnosed celiac or not. I am going to try to add dairy back in in a few months, even tho i know i will still have problems with it. I think enterolab is very accurate on the casein and soy. I have thought to be tested for soy, yeast and eggs, but i know from dietry that i have problems with soy.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Well, we did the package test for my son through EnteroLab because I wanted to be thorough, and he came back as sensitive to casein. We already knew this, though, both because an IgG test had told us and because he'd had red ezcema-like patches all over his body that went away when we went dairy-free.

I don't know about the soy, but I'm considering having him tested for that through EnteroLab, since he still gets spots on his skin (that are different than the ones caused by dairy) and I'm not sure what's causing it. I suppose I could just cut out soy and see if they go away...