Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know of a gluten free shampoo and conditioner combination? I was previouly using Pantene's 2in1 products, but I've been told they have gluten in them. I've been trying other shampoos, but my hair is really fine, and it's not doing so well. I'm really hoping that there's at least a good shampoo that I can use, if not a combo product.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I use Dove shampoo and conditioner, and the combination one when travelling, and I am happy with it.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I switched to Dove also when I found out my other shampoo/conditioner had wheat. It's not as good as what I used to use, but it works (I have very fine hair also).

Almost all of their products are gluten free (I've seen oats in one of their sensitive skin facial moisturizers). However, Dove will clearly label for wheat, oats, barley, or rye, so if you read the ingredients and don't see one of those words, you're in the clear. I've never seen gluten in any of the shampoos, conditioners, hair products, or body lotions from them, just the one time in the sensitive facial moisturizer, so Dove is a good brand to go with--I use their stuff all the time.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

I also have very fine hair and used Pantene 2in1. After some trial and error, I've finally settled on Dove's Advanced Care Sheer Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner. It doesn't weigh my hair down but also has enough moisture to prevent problems with flyaways and static. I feel your frustration...good luck!