Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Greggy

Is This Possible

Guest Greggy

Since I have been off gluten since an 2007 I think I have gained a couple of inches in height. Is this psosible? I am a 28 year old adult!

Anyone else had this experience?

Thank You

Greg :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Since I have been off gluten since an 2007 I think I have gained a couple of inches in height. Is this psosible? I am a 28 year old adult!

Thank You

Greg,

Hi there, sorry I can't answer ur ? but I saw no one has responded, but many have visited, so maybe u could go to a web MD and it might give u r answer :rolleyes:

Good luck !

Sorry :(

Belinda

It's unlikely since the growth plates in your bones should have closed years ago, thus preventing further growth. Perhaps you feel better and it is reflected in your posture! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm glad that you're feeling better. :)

Guest Greggy
Greg,

Hi there, sorry I can't answer ur ? but I saw no one has responded, but many have visited, so maybe u could go to a web MD and it might give u r answer :rolleyes:

Good luck !

Sorry :(

Belinda

Thanks Belinda.

i know a gluten-free diet in children and teens can reverse stunted growth. I wonder if some adults play catch up? Weird!

Guest Greggy
It's unlikely since the growth plates in your bones should have closed years ago, thus preventing further growth. Perhaps you feel better and it is reflected in your posture! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm glad that you're feeling better. :)

Its not bad news. Im 5"9 anyway so Im fine with that. Just a thought!

Could you post again if you get to be 5' 11" ?

Maybe I could say you got thicker shoes :D:D:D:D

Sorry, I just love a funny,

Really guys grow later than girls, I think guys can still attain height until they are about 21, not sure that is just what I have always known, re guys in my family going off to war etc & then growing taller.

You could have just been in delayed growth due to malabsobtion or some hormone thing or something, & then when gluten-free got a growth spurt at 28, I think it is totally possible.

I am 60 & I FEEL taller, have not measured myself, but I do not that I am not shrinking like the older women in my family do. & I have always had excellent posture from being a dancer & horse riding lessons when I was 56, my riding instuctor commented on it & said I was a natural rider from my years of dance with my centered gravity & excellent posture.

Thank You

Have you actually had the difference measured? Did you ever have your bone age done prediagnosis? Not a test they usually do with adults but thought I would ask. Usually the growth plates have fused by at the most age 25 but anything IMHO is possible. My DS was diagnosed at 19 and is now 24. Unfortunately he is still 5 ft. It sure would be wonderful if this happend with him.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

That's good to know. I have my MRI on a celiac disease as it was requested by an ENT consultant to take a look at but again this is someone who isn't looking in regards to gluten ataxia but I can mention it to them and also give it to...
    The boat feeling did resolve but I do still have some residual balance issues. However I had ataxia impact from the time I was a child until my 40's. Glad to hear you are seeing someone that will be looking specifically for the UBOs. My neuro...
    I had a brain MRI over a year ago which wasn't specifically looking for signs of gluten ataxia - it was more just for reassurance as I was right at the beginning of my balance problems. I have a further brain MRI planned in May and this...