Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pacobell

Mainstream Products

Hi, I have just read a news article about distilled white vinegar and possibly is should be a food item that should not be consumed because it is a derivative of alcohol. I have been having problems with gluten free salad dressings and am wondering if anyone else is having a problem also.

If so are there any recipes out there for a dressing that does not contain vinegar.

Thanks so much

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, I have just read a news article about distilled white vinegar and possibly is should be a food item that should not be consumed because it is a derivative of alcohol. I have been having problems with gluten free salad dressings and am wondering if anyone else is having a problem also.

If so are there any recipes out there for a dressing that does not contain vinegar.

Thanks so much

No problem, distilled vinegar is not an issue (except for a very few). Malt vinegar, yes, is an issue for cekiac.

If you have been on the diet for a short time, it may take some time to heal. I does not happen overnight. It took me many months.

Dressing:

Olive Oil

Balsamic Vinegar

McCormicks Garlic Salt

Sugar

Parm. Cheese

Pepper.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Many vinegars are not derived from alcohol or wheat/gluten, so maybe you can tolerate some of those?

We do a quick dressing made of olive oil, lemon juice, pepper, a little bit of dill, and parm. cheese----husband loves it.