Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kendall

When Does The Pain Stop!

I went gluten free 5 months ago. I felt good after 3 weeks of the diet - got energy back, gut wrenching pain was gone. But the pain has gradually been coming back for the past 6 weeks. It's full blown abdominal and side flank pain again. I realize there is a learning curve on becoming truly gluten free. But, my pain shouldn't be getting better and then worse again. Anyone else experience that?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It could be cc issues, another intolerance, etc.

First off start keeping a food journal. Write down everything you eat and how you feel each and every day, throughout the day.

If you can't pin down anything then I would suggest testing for other things like candida, parasites etc.

Yes, I guess I'll be going back to the food journal. Just when I thought I was in the clear and didn't have to do that anymore......................thank you for your response

Yes, I guess I'll be going back to the food journal. Just when I thought I was in the clear and didn't have to do that anymore......................thank you for your response

If you are consuming any processed mainstream foods at this point what you may want to do is to go with naturally gluten free foods for a bit. Many of the mainstream foods that are gluten free by reading ingredients are CC. Even things labeled gluten free, like for example Amy's frozen foods are risky. Things like chips and cereals etc are the biggest risks. It's a drag to cook everything yourself but it can be a big help. You may also want to cut out dairy products for a bit. Also if your hair care and toiletries are not gluten-free that can be a problem. After you feel better again you can add some of your favorite processed stuff back in one at a time and watch for a reaction.

Celiac is an autoimmune reaction and once your body is not fighting off lots of it every day it increases the reaction we get from even small amounts. I hope you feel better soon and keep in mind that if you do all you can to eliminate gluten and you are still having problems you should get things checked out by your doctor to make sure something else is not going on.

It could be cc issues, another intolerance, etc.

First off start keeping a food journal. Write down everything you eat and how you feel each and every day, throughout the day.

If you can't pin down anything then I would suggest testing for other things like candida, parasites etc.

I've never actually heard of Candida until you mentioned it and then I read about it. It sounds like it's impossible to get rid of -and very expensive treatments that don't pan out. I'll ask my doctor if that's been tested for in the numerous stool samples, bloodwork, and biopsies. Is that something that is normally checked for when they run all those tests? And are the candida tests reliable?

Mianline candida tests aren't real reliable no.

Basically, if you're open to it, alternative testing will give you answers the quickest. If you have any type of problems with metals, candida will grow to "capture" them. Candida overgrowth is the bodies way of controlling something that shouldn't be there.

The reason so many spend fortunes on treatments that don't work is that they are not addressing what is causing the candida to overgrow.

If you are truly interested in learning about causes of candida, swing over to the OMG I Might Be On To Something thread and ask. Rachel--24 has done a lot of research on it.

Sometimes a anti-candida diet will work to get rid of it, but most times the underlying cause will keep someone from being able to get control of it.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...