Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snowcoveredheart

Been Gluten'd No Idea How!

I have eaten nothing over the last two days but veggies and fruit.. I am in a gluten-free/DF bubble at the moe (so no cross contamination).. now it is only day two (of being omg strict, but I am very careful on the whole anyway) but this morning OH stomach ache! And this after noon I feel like ive been hit with the sleep hammer! Normally this is fine, I can go

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Could I really be being poisioned by the makeup? I mean.. really.. the UK celiac basically society says that idea is BS?

Is it just the fact that I have eaten nothing but veggies for two days and my bodys not used to THAT?

Yes your makeup could be doing it, or your shampoo. Also check on the tea, not all are safe and I have learned the hard way that I want to see a gluten free label even on teas.

what kind of tea are you drinking and hwere is it from?

black earl grey (wittards - there is only ONE type of tea!)

i dont see how it could be that

Yes your makeup could be doing it, or your shampoo. Also check on the tea, not all are safe and I have learned the hard way that I want to see a gluten free label even on teas.

The Celiac society state very clearly that you CANNOT be affected by the make up though - im so confused.

black earl grey (wittards - there is only ONE type of tea!)

i dont see how it could be that

Is "soya' soy? If so, I'd get rid of it and see. Yes, if you are highly intolerant it could be trace amts in make-up or tea or... Soy bothers me awfully.

lisa

If it's lipstick, you eat it, so don't know why anyone would say that's okay.

tbh i dont wear lippie that often (vasaline gloss and that i know is gluten-free!)..but yeah, the guidelines say that it cant be an issue anyway. I use dove though and the rest of my body prodicts are ok, save the makeup which im having real truble getting answers on!

http://www.coeliac.co.uk/glutenfree_living/living/116.asp

soya is soy (its soya in its tradition.. why do you guys drop the a?!) and i have been fine with it i thought, but its the only thing i can think of that i have eatten that it 'could' be.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The biopsy would need to come from your small intestine. That's where the damage is done from celiac. But you need to be on a gluten diet for the tests to be accurate. How long have you been on the PPIs? My hubby had severe acid reflux issues ...
    The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.