Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fkewatson

Newly Dx W/ Question About Food

Hi - new here. My 4 yr old son was just this week dx with gluten sensitivity with the genetic profile for celiac disease. He has the symptoms and we need to begin the gluten-free diet. He is a very picky eater. I need to find a chicken nugget product that he will eat and he has already rejected Wellshire Farms Dino Bites and Ian's brands. I saw a brand called Martha's Home Style on the Gluten Free Mall and would like to try them, but in order to buy one box from gluten-free Mall, I'll have to spend $40 on the one box & frozen shipping. The other option is to maximize the shipping cost by filling up the cooler, but if he doesn't like them, I'll have 20 boxes and be out $170.

If he likes them, then the $40 is worth it and then I'll stock up. Has anyone tried them or know of any other way to order just one box with more reasonable shipping rates? Are they at all similar to his beloved Tyson Chicken Breast Tenders that will soon be taken away from him? I can't find a manufacturer's web page or any other site that sells them.

Hi - new here. My 4 yr old son was just this week dx with gluten sensitivity with the genetic profile for celiac disease. He has the symptoms and we need to begin the gluten-free diet. He is a very picky eater. I need to find a chicken nugget product that he will eat and he has already rejected Wellshire Farms Dino Bites and Ian's brands. I saw a brand called Martha's Home Style on the Gluten Free Mall and would like to try them, but in order to buy one box from gluten-free Mall, I'll have to spend $40 on the one box & frozen shipping. The other option is to maximize the shipping cost by filling up the cooler, but if he doesn't like them, I'll have 20 boxes and be out $170.

If he likes them, then the $40 is worth it and then I'll stock up. Has anyone tried them or know of any other way to order just one box with more reasonable shipping rates? Are they at all similar to his beloved Tyson Chicken Breast Tenders that will soon be taken away from him? I can't find a manufacturer's web page or any other site that sells them.

Hi,

I make my own, and u could freeze them and heat for later :)

If u like the recp' let me know I would be glad to send ur way :)

Good luck !

I don't do gluten-free foods online way too expens, but I do make good cheese stix, onion rings, chicken stipes, and bites :0

Belinda

Hi,

I make my own, and u could freeze them and heat for later :)

If u like the recp' let me know I would be glad to send ur way :)

Good luck !

I don't do gluten-free foods online way too expens, but I do make good cheese stix, onion rings, chicken stipes, and bites :0

Belinda

Yes! any recipes you are willing to send, I'll take. Thank you for the offer. Looks like you can chose to send me an email off online. Please feel free to do so.

Hi, I use Bell & Evans gluten free chicken nuggets and also Ian's. The good thing about Ian's is that they are allegen free, not just gluten free.

Bell & Evans all the way! My son refused Ian's. Bell & Evans taste just like Tyson's chicken nuggets. Make sure that you buy the ones in the red and black package. They also chicken strips as well. I buy mine at Whole Foods. My son loves them so much that he eats them BEFORE the french fries! :lol:

Bell & Evans all the way! My son refused Ian's. Bell & Evans taste just like Tyson's chicken nuggets. Make sure that you buy the ones in the red and black package. They also chicken strips as well. I buy mine at Whole Foods. My son loves them so much that he eats them BEFORE the french fries! :lol:

Oh wow, I've never heard of Bell & Evans! We don't have a Whole Foods nearby but I should be able to find it at the places we do have. I'm so new to this and my son is such a picky eater. We did a trial gluten-free diet for a very short period (before we had labs to back up our suspicions), but gave up because he wouldn't eat. This time we have labs and we need to try it for the long haul and I'm desparately trying to find something he likes. Even the ones my mom and I tried to make failed. He likes that spongy, processed texture like that of Tyson.

Thank you!

Oh wow, I've never heard of Bell & Evans! We don't have a Whole Foods nearby but I should be able to find it at the places we do have. I'm so new to this and my son is such a picky eater. We did a trial gluten-free diet for a very short period (before we had labs to back up our suspicions), but gave up because he wouldn't eat. This time we have labs and we need to try it for the long haul and I'm desparately trying to find something he likes. Even the ones my mom and I tried to make failed. He likes that spongy, processed texture like that of Tyson.

Thank you!

Go to their website and you can find a nearby store. My son is also picky eater. He said my nuggets that I made were "yucky." :P I hope your son will eat them.

Thank you!

My DD didn't take to the Ian's either so next time I'm close to a whole foods I'll pick up the Bell & Evans. Next to pasta w/ parmesan, chicken nuggets were her favorite food pre-Celiacs. I'm not very kitchen-inclined so I can see attempting to make my own go very, very badly.