Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tired

Could I Have Celiac Disease?

I'm a 19 year old girl. I've had chronic fatigue for the past 4-5 years. I've seen a couple doctors about it; they did blood tests (I don't know what they tested for exactly), found nothing wrong with my blood, and were completely useless after that.

I also get headaches a lot. I'm also fairly short (5'2") and have been underweight my entire life. I had a rash on my elbows for months, but that has gone away now.

Is celiac disease a possible explanation?

Ask you doctor to run a celiac panel, it could be celiac. If it's not, keep looking! It's not normal to be tired all the time.

Good luck and welcome!

The symptoms you describe could have many different causes. If you're not getting answers from your doctor, find one who will listen and really work with you to get to the bottom of things. I've found integrative medicine docs (a combination of allopathic and alternative methods) to be much more helpful than regular allopathic doctors.

Celiac has tons of sympotms that are different for everyone, so it is a possibilty. Although the main symptoms are gastrointestinal related (do you have any stomachaches, gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, heart burn, acid stomach?)

I do know that thyrod problems, chronic fatigue syndrome, and anemia, are some conditions that also possess the symptoms you have.

It is totally cool to call your doctor and ask him what tests he preformed and ask him to take ones you feel you need. WebMD has a symptom checker that may give you some guidelines of what may be up with you. Again, being tired all the time is not normal. If your doctor isn't helping you maybe its time to find one who will.

Feel free to stick around here as long as you want, the people on this board are great and caring, no matter what ends up being wrong with you :)

Good luck!