Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heep70

Website/database For Gluten/non-glutin Products

Is there a website that hosts a database of food products that are gluten free or not gluten free? Something that one could type in a product name of concern and get a search result that would say "gluten free, contians gluten and/or contact manufacture"? Peticularly ready to eat foods.

That would make it easier on us newbies. :blink:

There are databases but they are only accurate for the day they are done, I think Clan Thompson site may have one but I am not sure.

It is better to learn which companys clearly list gluten ingredients, Kraft is one but there are others, which have stuff that looks gluten free but has a high risk of CC, Frito Lay is an example of those. If you have a Wegmans Market near you shop there they mark all their gluten free stuff and are really good with the CC issue. All their gluten-free stuff has a circle G on it.

One thing you can do that usually gets good quick results is to type the name of the product and the word gluten into a search engine. Many times the companys gluten policy will show up in one of the first results. It is not the case for all but for many products it works. When first starting the diet for the quickest healing you should try to eat as little processed food as possible. Go for fruits, veggies, meats, nuts, rice etc that are as close to natural as you can get.

Clan Thompson has one, but I hardly ever use it. When I have usually what I'm looking for is not in the database. <_< I prefer to stick to companies that will disclose their gluten, or at least companies that have gluten free lists on their websites, like Frito-lay, Newman's own, etc.

Here's a link to companies that will disclose gluten on the label:

http://www.glutenfreeindy.com/foodlists/in...donothidegluten