Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Enterolab Score 10 On Soy

According to Enterolab 10 is still positive. Less than 10 is negative. Read their explanation about thier 'cut off' numbers in their online literature about the test results.

Why did you take the soy test? Did you have any soy reaction symptoms before you took the test? Had you been actively eating soy within a few months before the test?

I experienced a strong (painful) soy reaction symptoms after I substituted soy for dairy products. So I just eliminated soy. However 2 years later I had an ELISA blood test which did not show any reaction to soy. However I knew I reacted. So I ate a tiny bit of soybean oil laced garlic in a stirfry a few days before doing the Enterolab test. That was not enough soy to experience a lot of painful reactions, as I previously experienced when I ate soy regularly. However that was enough soy to get a '10' on the Elab test for soy sensitivity. That was positive enough for me. I would not risk excruciating reaction pain from soy to get a higher number. I just wanted a positive test result, which I got from consuming a tiny bit of soy.

BURDEE

I was experiencing a lot of morning headaches and stuffy nose and ithought it was because i was using soy milk instead of regular milk until my villi heal. I thought the test would be good to see. Yes i was currently eating soy, but not the milk before the test. I havent elimintaed soy completely, but i think i am going to. Can soy accumulate in the body over time?

In my opinion soy is worse than dairy. Soy can cause a lot of damage to various parts of the body (including the gut). I posted some things that I had found online last year sometime. If you search under my user name and the topics I started it should be pretty easy to find. There were a couple things I posted.......pretty interesting. Oh, one may have been started by happygirl....I forget. If you want me to look for them let me know.

I'd go off soy for good although you probably won't have to be so particular about soy lecithin. Go of all forms of it for at least a month and then add some back if you want to challenge it.